DIY Rustic Stool Redo

$7

Have you ever had something in your home for ages and suddenly you look at it and decide it needs a makeover? That's what happened with this little stool I've had since my girls were small (it also happened with an old nightstand that I was going to donate).
rustic stool makeover
I just wanted to give it a quick and inexpensive facelift, so I used materials I already had on hand.
rustic stool makeover
The first step was to stain the paint sticks and arrange them on the seat of the stool. Once I knew the placement, I trimmed the edges with a razor and glued them to the seat.
rustic stool makeover
Since the edges of the paint sticks weren’t perfect, I decided to use some jute string to wrap around the side of the stool to hide them. After I painted the rim around the seat a dark charcoal gray, to hide the white, I wrapped the stool with the jute, using hot glue to keep it in place.

rustic stool makeover
A bit of paint to the bottom of the legs and the stool makeover was done. I think it has a completely different look and feel.

If you want to see the rest of this post, including a little addition to the seat, you can go to my site. I'm also sharing other easy DIY projects, like this rustic DIY towel rack for the bathroom.

Kristi @ Chatfield Court