How to Make a Mason Jar Mold

$25

Ever wish you had a way to make a mold of your favorite things? Say... a mason jar? I've combined 3 ingredient to make these one of a kind mold you can use for anything! Here's how to make them:
Please note - do NOT use this DIY to make molds used for food or items you will ingest.
First, combine water and dish soap. I used a 1:10 ratio, favoring dish soap.
Next, squeeze a tube of 100% silicone caulk into the bowl. I had to get every ounce of this out of the tube to be able to have enough for my mold.
Then mix together the silicone until it becomes less sticky. This took about 5 minutes. Be sure to wear a glove as this is NOT chemical free. If you choose to not use a glove, you may experience a chemical reaction on your skin.
Once your silicone is less sticky, grab a smaller container (that you are willing to part with) and transfer the silicone over. Be sure to get most of the water off before transferring it.
Grab your positive (the object you'd like to make your mold out of) and place it into the silicone, pushing down to get it stuck. Let this dry in a safe spot for a few hours until totally dry and solid.
When the mold is hardened, pull the positive from the mold. It may be suctioned so be careful not to pull to hard. Now, you're ready to start using it!
First. I decided to make wax melts. You can find a tutorial here on how to make them: https://www.hometalk.com/27372627/essential-oil-melts
They came out so cute and such a good gift!
I also made cute hand soaps!
And an amazing tie-dye crayon! The possibilities are seriously endless. Once the mold is made, you can use it over and over again. Not to mention, these are PERFECT for stocking stuffers.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Sherri Roll

I'm definitely inspired! The Mason jar is super cute but I have been looking for a way to replicate ceramic witch boots for crafting. I have a question however, do I have to sacrifice my boots for this mold? Will it ruin them for future molds or use?

Thanks for sharing

• Debra

Is this type of mold food grade safe???

chocolate, ice, etc...?

• Barbara Anne

No. It says in the instructions the mold is not chemical free.

• Lauri Zee

The directions say to use a 1:10 ratio of water and dish liquid.(favoring the dish soap).What does that mean? 10 cups of dish soap to 1 cup of water?