DIY The Cutest Little Washboard Ornaments

$5

I hate doing the laundry and always try find some kind of excuse to get out of it. Are you like that too? This weekend was our big laundry day. Sheets, bedding, curtains - it's the worst  So little "Miss Avoidance" here made these miniature washboard ornaments instead.
diy the cutest little washboard ornaments
They're super easy. All you need is some craft foam, tinfoil or aluminium tape and small wooden bits. I used skewers, ice cream stick and toothpicks. Oh and a secret weapon of "mass texturedness" like a piece of rebar or a long screw
Stick the tin foil or aluminium tape down onto the craft foam and firmly roll the rebar over the shiny portion.
Cut the foil covered craft foam into small rectangles about 6 cm x 4 cm (2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″) and add a laundry related label. Finally use the toothpicks and skewers to make a frame.
Making them was waaaaayyyy more fun than doing the laundry  and you can get creative. Add a ice cream stick shelf......
Or even a few little knobs
Aren't they cute? We even made a larger washboard to use as an actual shelf in our laundry room too. I'd love to know what you think.
A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Ed Barton

Yes, but am totally new to this crafting. Im retired and need to start from the begining thank you

• That's great Ed. There are so many talented people on Hometalk who would love to help out. You just shout if you need something and wishing you all of the very best with your retirement.

• Oma Mitchell

...and on a larger scale...I use actual size rub boards to paint with acrylic. We cover the ribs with masonite and there you go! My lower pic is of a little girl sitting in a wash tub with bubbles EVERYWHERE! The top says bath 10c, soap 2c extra. Fun to coordinate with bath colors.