DIY The Cutest Little Washboard Ornaments

68K Views
I hate doing the laundry and always try find some kind of excuse to get out of it. Are you like that too? This weekend was our big laundry day. Sheets, bedding, curtains - it's the worst  So little "Miss Avoidance" here made these miniature washboard ornaments instead.
Time: 30 MinutesCost: $5Difficulty: Easy
  • diy the cutest little washboard ornaments
They're super easy. All you need is some craft foam, tinfoil or aluminium tape and small wooden bits. I used skewers, ice cream stick and toothpicks. Oh and a secret weapon of "mass texturedness" like a piece of rebar or a long screw
Stick the tin foil or aluminium tape down onto the craft foam and firmly roll the rebar over the shiny portion.
Cut the foil covered craft foam into small rectangles about 6 cm x 4 cm (2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″) and add a laundry related label. Finally use the toothpicks and skewers to make a frame.
Making them was waaaaayyyy more fun than doing the laundry  and you can get creative. Add a ice cream stick shelf......
Or even a few little knobs
Aren't they cute? We even made a larger washboard to use as an actual shelf in our laundry room too. I'd love to know what you think.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 17, 2018 10:23 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!