Asked on Dec 6, 2017

Need an idea for backsplash to make it eye catching

Julie NelsonKenDorothy
+5

Kind of Tuscan inspired kitchen, black granite and other picture is the floors. Previous owner did some weird paint job for backsplash . Can you also include a pic of your suggestion material
q need an idea for backsplash to make it eye catching
Backsplash
Travertine floors
  • Ken

I don't have a suggestion for the material, just a comment.

I have seen a lot of small kitchens lately with eye-catching backsplashes. It is possible to try too hard and do so much in a small space that it becomes unsettling. Everything in the space is fighting for your attention. With the beautiful materials you have chosen for your kitchen, my choice would be for a backsplash that does not vie for attention with everything else.

• Dianacirce70

I think a nice glass tile that is mostly neutral with some small splashes of color would look great.

• Tinyshoes

So much available at Lowe's or Home Depot. Kitchen looks beautiful and it would certainly add to the beauty!

• Dorothy

I bought my house two years ago and have always wanted a "beachy" theme. I wanted specific colors and wood; reclaimed wood or driftwood. The kitchen was pretty plain, but having just bought the place, my budget was pretty tight.

, This is a before picture that shows what was there and the start of the reclaimed wood back splash, This is how it looks now The back splash is a textured vinyl coated self stick wall paper Natural Vintage Khaki Wood Panel Pattern Contact Paper Self adhesive Peel stick that I applied sideways It actually feels like real wood and because it s vinyl coated keeping it clean is easy The granite counter is Instant Granite in gold and you can actually put hot dishes on it I think up to 180 degrees F I got both from Amazon The back splash paper cost 29 a roll and the instant granite 80 a roll Eventually I ll try to get real wood if I can find the same colors for the back splash and a real granite counter top but for now these sereve the purpose and look great Hope this has given you some ideas
  • Ken

Well said. It's about balance and considering how each design element works within the whole. A backsplash which attracts no attention could be thought of as sacrificing for the greater good.

• Julie Nelson

I used a copper colored paint so the backsplash didn't clash with the countertop