Create a Beautiful Christmas Ornament Using Mod Podge and Napkins

53K Views
I absolutely love everything robin related, so when I was thinking about a Christmas ornament idea I knew I would use my paper napkins with robins on them. If you read the blog you will see I attempted two types - one with napkins and one with a printed image and both worked great!
Time: 3 HoursCost: $5Difficulty: Medium
  • create a beautiful christmas ornament using mod podge and napkins
I used a plain plastic bauble and opened it. I then used only one half and covered the outside of the bauble with mod podge
I then separated the 3 layers from the napkin and used the top layer only.
Then place the napkin FACE down outside of the bauble (reverse decoupage and smooth the wrinkles over. I used some cling film over and smoothed over with my finger.  Then put an extra layer of mod podge.
I then painted the outside of the bauble using chalk paint (optional) and then covered the bauble with Snowtex - snow paste and let it dry.
I then added some snow around the front (please note the robin in this picture is from a print that I also attempted as well as a napkin, read the blog post to see more)
I then glued on some winter craft berries and embellishments on the front and tied a ribbon.  The ornament is then done!
[single robin bauble - done with print]

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 24, 2018 11:31 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
From Evija with Love

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!