Create Beautiful Christmas Ornaments Using Suffolk Puffs (Yo Yos)

$9

I took part in Christmas Ornament Exchange and decided to make some cute little Suffolk puff ornaments (or as you may know them - yo-yos) They are easy and fun to make and you can add as much or as little as you like, make them from scrap fabrics and use any shapes and sizes! Here is what I did..
create beautiful christmas ornaments using suffolk puffs yo yos
Choose the size and draw pattern on the fabric
Once you are happy with the size, cut the circles out from fabric.
To create the Suffolk puff (or yo yo) Stitch all the way around the circle keeping the stitches evenly spaced, then pull the puff and secure the thread.
I decided to create a candy cane and Christmas tree. Cut out a shape from cardboard and cover it with felt
Add the ribbon by gluing it to the cardboard and securing it on top with a suffulk puff.  Then continue to glue the little Suffolk puffs around to create the shape.
Then embellish them as you wish by adding some sparkle and decorations using glue gun.

Fabric
From Evija with Love

• Vicky Corey

I don't quite understand the directions regarding sewing them and then creating the puff. Can someone explain in detail please? Don't tell me to go back and read her instructions. I've done that several times and I'm still confused.