Unicorn Spit and Metallic Paint Baubles

$0

I have just finish doing a project with Unicorn spit and metallic spray paint, and vases were so stunning I tried it on baubles.

I bought some cheap and cheerful blanks from my local budget store. I dripped varies colours of unicorn spit into them. I did try at first to just keep turning the balls so that the unicorn spit would run around the sides but this took for ever.  

Unicorn Spit

Because I only used a small amount I found it was easier and quicker to just shake the balls until all the sides were covered. Do not shake them to much or the colours blend to much and the effect is lost.

Unicorn Spit

I gave each half 1 spray of water on fine mist and lay them upside to dry and let any excess run out. It is the fine spray of water that seems to make the cracks form.

Unicorn Spit

When I saw the lines starting to appear on the balls, I turned them the right way up to finish drying off. I put mine outside in the end to dry faster.

Unicorn Spit

I used a quick drying metallic gold spray paint to spray the insides once they were dry.

Unicorn Spit

And just put the balls back together again. I did try a few with silver and mirror spray paint but the effects were not the same.

Unicorn spit

This process is so great no two balls are the same.

Unicorn Spit baubles
Unicorn Spit

To see more of my Unicorn Spit projects http://uniquecreationsbyanita.com/unicorn-spit-glass-vase/

Unicorn Spit

These will look so great on the Christmas Tree and a great project to do with the kids.

I don't know how to cost this project, once you have your Unicorn Spit stains you only use a small amount.

Unique Creations By Anita

• Cindy

What is unicorn spit?
    • CHERYL MULLINS

Go to you tube and search unicorn spit. Somethings I like and some I don’t. I am suppose to get my spit tomorrow. I can’t wait feel like a kid at Christmas
  • LibraryKAT

These are beautiful! Did you plan on the cracking, or was it a happy accident? Either way, you have great vision. Thanks for sharing. :-)
    • LibraryKAT

Well, you were right...they ARE stunning. Thanks again for sharing!

• Mary Becker

If you don't put water on them will they not crackle? I would like some solid.
    • Jewellmartin

You might want to make some copper and pewter metallic paints for solid colors. Unicorn SPiT is magical to me. Jewell