Wallpapering a Floor

$40

At the risk of sounding absolutely insane, and most likely causing the raising of an eyebrow (or two), I’m here to tell you today that it’s not a myth- you can indeed wallpaper a floor!

Its true.

I did it...and its not the first time either (click here to read that post) . A few years back I wallpapered my ugly kitchen linoleum floor. It held up well so I decided to do it again

In my front porch, or foyer as some might call it.

Heres a before picture of the space

And another..

NOTE: Looks are slightly deceiving. This is a cheap rental laminate flooring, with a million scratched and damages around the corners.

I really wanted to give the whole area a freshen up, but didn’t feel like what I had in mind would match the floor. Replacing the laminate was a no go…

So wallpaper it was!

Or contact paper...whatever you want to call it.

I got this gorgeous paper from a wallpaper company in Los Angeles that I had the pleasure of working with (see link to my blog at bottom of post for source). I designed it with them!

I had lots of help from the other half for this project. Once everything was in place we made sure to neaten up all the edges
HERE IS THE VIDEO OF THE THE PROCESS!
And the after! What do you think?
You can visit my blog at link below for more details including links to sources :) Also are you on INSTAGRAM?? I'd love if you could follow me on there. I love sharing daily life hacks and home ideas on there

Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Medina at Grillo Designs

• Amy Kay

Probably the 1st question I have ever asked on here. Can I wallpaper my laminate counters?

• Judi

Please, just remember in a rental, you must remove it before you move, or you may lose a portion of your security deposit. The manufacturers say it is easy to remove, however, experience proves otherwise!

• Ida9464

Pets nails? Dropping any item at just the right(wrong) angle? Anyone have several years of experience with this? How do you remove it if it’s all messed up later on when you have the budget for something else? I WANT to do this, but we are super hard on floors. TIA🤷🏻‍♀️

• Ida9464

thats a beautiful wood look floor can you tell me exactly what brand and color etc and where you purchased? Thanks so very much🤗

• Pineapple

Why would you use a small brush to apply the topcoat?

• Bek

This is just INSANE, and in all the BEST ways! It looks lovely.

• Mandi

Doing this !!!