Wallpapering a Floor

$40

At the risk of sounding absolutely insane, and most likely causing the raising of an eyebrow (or two), I’m here to tell you today that it’s not a myth- you can indeed wallpaper a floor!

Its true.

I did it...and its not the first time either (click here to read that post) . A few years back I wallpapered my ugly kitchen linoleum floor. It held up well so I decided to do it again

In my front porch, or foyer as some might call it.

Heres a before picture of the space

And another..

NOTE: Looks are slightly deceiving. This is a cheap rental laminate flooring, with a million scratched and damages around the corners.

I really wanted to give the whole area a freshen up, but didn’t feel like what I had in mind would match the floor. Replacing the laminate was a no go…

So wallpaper it was!

Or contact paper...whatever you want to call it.

I got this gorgeous paper from a wallpaper company in Los Angeles that I had the pleasure of working with (see link to my blog at bottom of post for source). I designed it with them!

I had lots of help from the other half for this project. Once everything was in place we made sure to neaten up all the edges
HERE IS THE VIDEO OF THE THE PROCESS!
And the after! What do you think?
You can visit my blog at link below for more details including links to sources :) Also are you on INSTAGRAM?? I'd love if you could follow me on there. I love sharing daily life hacks and home ideas on there

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Medina at Grillo Designs

• Amy Kay
    Amy Kay

Probably the 1st question I have ever asked on here. Can I wallpaper my laminate counters?

• Kathy Drummond
      Kathy Drummond

I've done my bathroom counter and my daughter's 2 bathroom counters. It's beautiful and a whole lot cheaper than replacing counter tops. Do yourself a favor and watch multiple How To videos on the subject, or actually any subject, because there's a lot of good ideas out there of how to avoid errors.

• Ida9464
    Ida9464

Pets nails? Dropping any item at just the right(wrong) angle? Anyone have several years of experience with this? How do you remove it if it’s all messed up later on when you have the budget for something else? I WANT to do this, but we are super hard on floors. TIA🤷🏻‍♀️

• Ida9464
      Ida9464

thats a beautiful wood look floor can you tell me exactly what brand and color etc and where you purchased? Thanks so very much🤗

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

Why would you use a small brush to apply the topcoat?

• Bek
    Bek

This is just INSANE, and in all the BEST ways! It looks lovely.

• Mandi
    Mandi

Doing this !!!