Wallpapering a Floor

$40

At the risk of sounding absolutely insane, and most likely causing the raising of an eyebrow (or two), I’m here to tell you today that it’s not a myth- you can indeed wallpaper a floor!

Its true.

I did it...and its not the first time either (click here to read that post) . A few years back I wallpapered my ugly kitchen linoleum floor. It held up well so I decided to do it again

In my front porch, or foyer as some might call it.

Heres a before picture of the space

wallpapering a floor
And another..

wallpapering a floor
NOTE: Looks are slightly deceiving. This is a cheap rental laminate flooring, with a million scratched and damages around the corners.

I really wanted to give the whole area a freshen up, but didn’t feel like what I had in mind would match the floor. Replacing the laminate was a no go…

So wallpaper it was!

wallpapering a floor
Or contact paper...whatever you want to call it.

I got this gorgeous paper from a wallpaper company in Los Angeles that I had the pleasure of working with (see link to my blog at bottom of post for source). I designed it with them!

wallpapering a floor
I had lots of help from the other half for this project. Once everything was in place we made sure to neaten up all the edges
wallpapering a floor
HERE IS THE VIDEO OF THE THE PROCESS!
And the after! What do you think?
wallpapering a floor
You can visit my blog at link below for more details including links to sources :) Also are you on INSTAGRAM?? I'd love if you could follow me on there. I love sharing daily life hacks and home ideas on there

• Floor varnish
  • Xacto knife
Medina at Grillo Designs

• Debbie Garton

Would this be suitable for a bathroom floor or would it be to humid ? What about a kitchen floor?

• Connie

Won’t this Be really slippery if your feet are wet?

• Jodi

Wouldn't it wear off with people walking on it with their shoes ?

• Brenda

How well does it hold up walking on it constantly and how does it not tear up

• Sharon Locke

Can’t wait to find a place to do this. What an awesome idea! Great job!

• Kimberly Urban

I just may try this...don't have nothing to lose....was going to rip out old floor anyways!