DIY Scrap Wood Christmas Trees

$20

These super simple Christmas trees are made out of scrap wood and are incredibly easy to make - probably with materials you've already got lying around! If you love this project, you can see more easy and affordable DIY projects on my blog, Love & Renovations!
Start with a 2X12 piece of wood (other sizes will work just fine, this is just what I had, and it works well to give you a tree that will stand up on its own). Draw the shape of a tree on the board - I did various shapes and sizes - some looked like traditional trees, some were just triangles. Play around with a variety of shapes and sizes to create a collection that will work well together.
Use a jigsaw to cut your trees out. Make as many as you can with your scrap wood. I was able to make about 6 trees per board, but that will vary depending on how large you make your trees.
Use a variety of stains or paint to finish the trees. I went with neutral colors for a simple vignette, but you could do red and green or even leave the trees a natural wood color! This is where you get to get creative and really tailor the project to the style of your home and decor. You can see more details about which stain colors I used for my project on the full blog post.
Once your stain is dry, group all of the trees together in a vignette for a gorgeous result! The trees are also beautiful solo, but they definitely make the biggest impact when they're all together in a group.

15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Everything Red For Canada Day
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Love & Renovations

• Sunny
    Sunny

Love these and love working with wood, too. However, I was wondering if you glue the trees into a piece of wood, or are they free standing? Just wondered if free standing, do the trees with trunks stand easily? Thanks!