The Perfect Twig Star to Add a Rustic Touch to Your Holiday Decor

$2

If you love having bits of the outdoors inside with you at the holidays, this is the perfect star to add to your holiday decor. Grab some twigs, twine and a few vintage bulbs and bring a rustic touch into your home.
the perfect twig star to add a rustic touch to your holiday decor
Not long ago I made a Farmhouse planter for one end of my Kitchen.  I wanted to add something rustic and neutral to the shelf nearby and decided on a Scandinavian inspired twig star.

To make the star,  you will need to gather 5 long twigs, vintage Christmas bulbs and some pretty red and white twine. I found at the twine I used at IKEA with their Christmas goods. 
Once you have your twigs laid out and arranged into a star, wrap all of the joints with the twine. Tie a knot and then once you have the section wrapped a few times, hot glue the loose end to the back.
Use some vintage Christmas bulbs to add a little subtle sparkle to your star.

My bulbs were clear so they got a coat of red paint to make them more festive.

While the paint was still wet, they were dipped in German Glass glitter to get a sparkle as pretty as freshly fallen snow.
Wrap the end of each bulb with the same twine and leave a long enough piece to hang it by.
To keep the look simple and quaint, tie each bulb, at varying lengths to the cross twig.
The twig star and vintage bulbs are so easy to make but look so striking sitting on a shelf with some greenery.

You can see more pictures from this project over on the original post at Recreated Designs.

And don't forget to check out this beautiful paper tree made from Christmas wrap to add some charm to all of the small spaces in your home.
Recreated Designs