Make DIY Glitter Ornaments With Pledge Floor Finish!

$12

I made these DIY glitter ornaments to dress up my clear plastic bulbs for the Christmas tree this year! You will need clear ornaments (either plastic or glass will work), ultra-fine glitter, and Pledge Floor Finish. This material list is important; fine glitter will not stick as well as ultra-fine and Pledge floor cleaner or shine will not work the same as Floor Finish.
The process is very simple. First, coat the inside of the ornament with Pledge, then drain it back into the bottle.
Second, dump in a lot of glitter and swirl it around until the entire inside of the ornament is coated. Then dump the excess back into the glitter container using a funnel or a simple piece of paper rolled into a cone.
After the glitter dries you can decorate the exterior of the ornaments however you would like. I used a black paint pen on one and stickers to decorate another. These would make the perfect DIY gift idea!
The coolest part of this project is that it is completely customizable. Whatever colors you decorate with for Christmas, you can find glitter to match to adorn the tree.
Visit my blog to see other handmade ornament ideas!

These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Welcome to the Woods

• Mary
    Mary

After you pour in and swirl the glitter do you turn them upside down to dry or right side up? I really like this idea. Thanks for sharing!

• Joanie
    Joanie

Great idea.........they still make pledge??
    • Roy
      Roy

Not sure if they were still making Pledge Finish back in 2017, but here in the future, 2020, they aren't. Every once in a while it will show up on Amazon or Ebay at $50 a bottle. As for clear glass ornaments, glass ornaments in general, they are now rare and are priced accordingly. Ultras-fine glitter is still widely available but the looney environmentalists have targeted it so it won't be long before it too becomes a rare and expensive commodity. Bah, humbug.

• Rosie Djersey
    Rosie Djersey

Perfect and easy to do! I will try this!

TFS.