Light Up Cinder Block Present

$6

Make This Easy, Shabby Chic, Modern Outdoor, Indoor DIY Present Using Cinder Blocks. Make your own inexpensive, and fully customizable DIY outdoor present perfect for lighting up the porch, using cinder blocks, ribbon , paint, lights and glue. EASY Christmas porch or inside décor! They stand up well to cold, wet weathers. Here is a step by step tutorial, lets get started!

You'll need an 8x8x8 cinder block although you could use any size.

Supplies needed:

Scissors

Glue Gun

Glue Sticks

Lights 20 count

Spray Paint (Satin Heirloom White)

Ribbon

Cardboard

Wire

Cut the cardboard to fit the top of cinder block leaving a little extra to cover the edges.

Then you will want to poke the lights into the cardboard making a circle. You will want to remember to leave the center with no lights because that's where we will glue the bow.

I then sprayed the block and cardboard with the satin heirloom white. You could use whatever color you wanted. 

Next I put the lights in the holes and glued them in. I started on the side where the plug is where I used the notch in the cinder block to hide the light cord.

Make sure to start where the cord can run in this space

Next I cut the ribbon to cover the cord and go around the middle of the block

Once I am happy with my ribbon around and how the lights are set, I get ready to make my bow.

I start by making a loop as my center to make the bow. Then I twisted and formed loops all the way around. I used ribbon wire so it makes it hold its shape and stay popped up.

Here is my bow I made. I used the wire that was around the lights in the box. You want to make sure to wire it real tight, then cut and tuck it under so no one can see it.

Add a decent amount of glue on the cardboard where you will be placing your bow.

When you attach your bow you will want to hold it down for a minute or so, allowing the glue to fully dry.

There you have it a shabby chic cinder block present. This cute craft can be used in or outside and is a great addition to your holiday décor.

The cinder block looks fabulous in any space. Make one today with supplies you have laying around..

• Veronica

Will the lights get too hot with the ribbon?

• Angeline VanDyke

I think a box would’ve been much easier. Why go with the cinder what does it add?

• June Whitaker

Unless you happen to have the right size cinder block sitting around your house, why not buy one of the already decorated cardboard boxes and do this project? Punch holes in the box top and one to feed the light cord through. 15 minute project!! Another thought was to wrap the base in fabric or wrapping paper.

• Roberta Wingard

I like the box idea better you can even recycle a box decope it first or paint it.