Chas
Chas
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

Clean Your Kitchen With Basic Products

$5

It's after the holidays, the guests are gone, and your kitchen needs a little love. In this tutorial I will show you my favorite way to clean my kitchen using products you have in your kitchen. The best part - you probably already have everything you need!

clean your kitchen with basic products
Let's start with the back splash:

You'll need a clean washcloth, vinegar, and a spray bottle
clean your kitchen with basic products
Pour your vinegar in the spray bottle.  You can dilute it if you want, but don't need to.  The acidity in the vinegar will cut the grease and what will be disinfecting your back splash.  Spray your back splash with the vinegar and wipe it down with a clean wash cloth (it's important that it is clean or you will get streaks).
clean your kitchen with basic products
2nd You're Microwave
You'll need a bowl, lemon juice, vinegar, and water
clean your kitchen with basic products
Pour 1 cup vinegar & 1 cup water in a bowl.  Add 2 TBSP lemon juice.  The acidity again is the cleaning agent in this mixture.  Place the bowl in the microwave cook for approximately 7-10 minutes (depends on strength of microwave). When the timer is done, your microwave should be all steamy inside.  Use a clean wash cloth and wipe out the entire microwave.
clean your kitchen with basic products
3rd Cleaning Your Appliances

You have 2 options here - Vinegar or Dish Soap (like Dawn).  

• To use the Vinegar - spray onto the appliance, and wipe off with a clean cloth.  Again the acidity is what is cleaning the greasy finger marks and gunk.
  • To use Dish Soap - make a sink of hot soapy water.  Using a clean wash cloth wipe off your appliance.  Dish soap is a base and cuts through grease and gunk.
clean your kitchen with basic products
Additional information for those who have stainless steel appliances:

*If you have stainless steel appliances - when cleaning with the vinegar or dish soap wipe with the grain.

Stainless Steel is dry and needs to be moisturized.  Using olive oil on a clean microfiber cloth, wipe with the grain of the stainless steel on your appliances after you clean them.

clean your kitchen with basic products
4th Your Sink

Sprinkle with baking soda, scrub it clean, and rinse.

Baking soda is a base that cuts through grease & dirt.
clean your kitchen with basic products
You can also use baking soda to scrub your refrigerator handles clean, as well as your pantry door & handle clean.

Baking soda is abrasive so do not use on anything you don't want to scratch (like stainless steel)
clean your kitchen with basic products
5th Your Oven

If you have a vent be sure to cover it with painters tape to prevent things from falling in between your oven windows.  Sprinkle your oven window with  baking soda (this was a picture from my first time doing this and you do not need this much baking soda - lol).

Spray with a little water to dampen your baking soda (you want to make a paste)

Using a clean damp wash cloth - start scrubbing.  You can do this on the entire oven and oven window.  Once you are done scrubbing, use a shop vac or broom to clean up the dirty baking soda mixture, and rinse with clean water and a clean wash cloth until all the baking soda is gone and your oven is clean.  You can see my full tutorial & video on oven window cleaning here(and you can clean the entire oven with this method).

*Extra tip - if your having a hard time cutting through the grease in your oven, make a paste of dish soap and baking soda and then scrub.  
clean your kitchen with basic products
6th Your Oven Racks

Place a towel in the bottom of your bath tub to protect your tub.  Lay your oven racks on top of the towel.  Add 1/2 cup dish soap (like Dawn) and fill the tub with hot water just until it covers the oven racks.  Let them soak for 8 hours.  The dish soap is cutting through all that grease.  

clean your kitchen with basic products
After they have soaked, scrub with a piece of tin foil, scrub pad, or toothbrush and the grease should just wipe right off.  Rinse and put back in your oven.  They'll look like brand new!
clean your kitchen with basic products
7th Your Counters & Table

Wipe off your counters with a wash cloth and water.  This first step is to get the worst up - crumbs, spills, grease pools, etc.  After that is complete, make a sink of dish soap (like Dawn) and hot water.  Use a clean and new wash cloth, dip in the clean soapy water, and wipe off all our counters and table.  The key to streak free counters is the clean wash cloth with the clean soapy water - works every time!
clean your kitchen with basic products
8th - Your Refrigerator & Freezer

Go through your refrigerator & freezer and get rid of anything you don't use, that's expired, etc.  Take the shelves and drawers out and wash them in a sink full of clean soapy (dish soap) and water.  
clean your kitchen with basic products
With a clean wash cloth wash all the walls and anything that cannot be removed to be washed inside the refrigerator and freezer.

Please stop by my blog www.chascrazycreations.com for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...
I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - http://bit.ly/2nWB9zX
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 14, 2018 10:23 PM - More info
Chas

• Janet Whitacre

Could you add some vinegar to the baking soda on the stove to help it clean better rather than just water

• Janet Whitacre

True I was thinking the bubbling reaction. Like when its been used in a tpliet. Anyway. Thank you

• Vicki

This is about cleaning oven racks. You got my attention when you mentioned dryer sheets. Am I correct in understanding these are put into the soapy water racks are soaking in?

• Vicki

Thanks! Would never of thought of that.

• Wil34111344

Hello friends.

I’m doing the aviculture business. I do have a set of 3 types of birds which includes in the aviculture business. The birds are kept in the aluminium cages. My co-workers and I were cleaning the cages for the last two weeks. But the increase in the birds became so busy and we are not able to clean the entire cages daily. If the cleaning is not done regularly, it may lead to hygienic issues for both birds and humans. So we are looking forward to the maid cleaning service in Toronto who are able to clean the entire cages daily at affordable prices? Friends, what do you think? Is there any cleaning services available for bird cages in Toronto? I need it urgently. So friends, if you have got any information regarding this service, please leave a comment.