A Handmade Curiosity Cabinet and A Gallery Wall of Vintage Maps

My husband made this simple cabinet from a vintage window and pine boards. I've filled it with curiosities and found objects like vintage silver, old books, fossils, river glass, and more. I started the wall above the cabinet as a gallery wall of vintage maps. I finally found the final piece, making it complete!
Filled with old books, found objects, and more.
Part of an Indian artifact found in our creek bed.
German crock of vintage silverware. The silverware tied together was used as snowflakes during Christmas. Read about it here: http://ow.ly/vb7R5
a handmade curiosity cabinet and a gallery wall of vintage maps, home decor, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, wall decor, woodworking projects, Gallery Wall of Vintage Maps
Gallery Wall of Vintage Maps
This is the gallery wall above the cabinet. I began this wall a while back. I had everything but one map. The upper left corner was blank for some time. I finally found the right size frame and a vintage Tennessee map. Perfect!
Angie Forte

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 10 comments
Next