A Sideboard Makeover

There was nothing wrong with this pieceSturdy? YesFunctional? YesBoring? YesSo I decided to have a little fun with her!
Painted her with Annie Sloan Old White - and added a stencil to each door for a little pizazz ( I'm all about the pizazz LOL )
Next came distressing where the paint would have naturally worn off over the years
( I don't normally - but this time I painted the handles along with piece - if Annie Sloan can do it - I figured I could too )
Then I decided to add a little interest to her interior too :)
and a little more ( somebody stop me LMHO )
I used the same stencil on the inside - except colored it in - instead of just outlining it
Even her " backside " got painted :)
And here she is now
For those that wish I hadn't painted it - please take the time to read this post before commenting - it explains why I do what I do !!!
http://suzyq-vintagous.blogspot.ca/2014/03/i-paint-furniture.html

Simply Vintageous...by Suzan

• Kathy Cummings Huffman

Wow, I have been looking thru Hometalk's older posts & stumbled on this one. First off, I read, really read, the posts so I know what the details & history of the piece being finished are. It appears that 99% of the people complaining about what you did to this piece didn't bother to read, veneer or reproduction! I love what you do & if I didn't I would just move on, as I do a lot!

• This post was the reason I wrote THIS post Kathy http://www.hometalk.com/3214189/i-paint-furniture Most of the comments made me laugh to be honest with you..............I have a thick skin but yes - people were acting like I took a priceless antique and painted it. And even if a customer wanted a priceless antique piece painted - it's their decision, right? Thanks so much for the comment ! Have a great day xxx