Decoupage Pot

$2

I love the thought of decorating pots especially useing napkins to decorate them.I am adding pink colours to my decor.This project would be lovely to give as a gift with a plant inside the pot.Today I’m decorating a pot with a beautiful decorative napkins which my friend gave to me and I decided to use the napkin to Decoupage this pot.The pot was already painted in pink which I bought at Kmart for 2 dollars ,very very cheap and it’s a beautiful colour Pink

Materials needed for the project
1)Decorative napkins-I Have Pink napkin with a pink rose to match the pot.
2)Mod podge
3)Flat brush
4)Scissors
5)Pot

How to make
1)Peel the layer off the napkin
2)Cut out the flower shape from the napkin.
3)Mod Podge the napkin and slowly smooth it on the pot.
4)Then seal the whole pot with a coat of Mod podge
5)Let it dry completely. You can add colour to the pot and add glitter or you can leave it plain.
6)And that’s it.Very simple and easy to do.I hope you try this project. Find some gorgeous napkins and get Decoupage good, so easy and I’m sure you will love the result. HAPPY DECOUPAGING.

• Barbara Hermes

do you place the cut on rose on top of the napkin and use the mod poge over the whole thing . or do you do it in 2 steps? First the napkin and then the cut out flower......
  • Kay

That is very pretty. Could you do the same thing, on glass jars? I won't to make, tea light candels. I have some napkns, that would look really stunning, for this, especially, with the light, showing through from the candles. Many thanks in advance for your answer. Kay Adelaide Australia
    • Sarinasala1

Hi Kay yes you can Decoupage on glass jars.You can Decoupage anything like furniture,wooden trays the list goes on.Good luck on your project.Let me know how you went.Merry Christmas.

• Mariam

This looks lovely but what is mod podge? In UK we don't have mod podge.

• Sarinasala1

Hi Mariam Mod Podge is a Decoupage medium,it’s an all in one glue,sealer and finish used to attach paper and fabric to various surfaces.Hope This is helpful to you.