Sarinasala1
Sarinasala1
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Australia

Decoupage Pot

$2

I love the thought of decorating pots especially useing napkins to decorate them.I am adding pink colours to my decor.This project would be lovely to give as a gift with a plant inside the pot.Today I’m decorating a pot with a beautiful decorative napkins which my friend gave to me and I decided to use the napkin to Decoupage this pot.The pot was already painted in pink which I bought at Kmart for 2 dollars
decoupage pot
How to make
1)Peel the layer off the napkin
decoupage pot
2)Cut out the flower shape from the napkin.
3)Mod Podge the napkin and slowly smooth it on the pot.
decoupage pot
4)Then seal the whole pot with a coat of Mod podge
5)Let it dry completely. You can add colour to the pot and add glitter or you can leave it plain.
6)And that’s it.Very simple and easy to do.I hope you try this project. Find some gorgeous napkins and get Decoupage good, so easy and I’m sure you will love the result. HAPPY DECOUPAGING.

decoupage pot
decoupage pot

• Ter11837984

Very pretty. Did you use sparkly glue on the top portion of the decoupage?
    I think this is something I could do.

• Sarinasala1

Hi Terrysa I put glitter around where I sponged on white acrylic paint.

• Barbara Hermes

do you place the cut on rose on top of the napkin and use the mod poge over the whole thing . or do you do it in 2 steps? First the napkin and then the cut out flower......

• Kay

That is very pretty. Could you do the same thing, on glass jars? I won't to make, tea light candels. I have some napkns, that would look really stunning, for this, especially, with the light, showing through from the candles. Many thanks in advance for your answer. Kay Adelaide Australia

• Sarinasala1

Hi Kay yes you can Decoupage on glass jars.You can Decoupage anything like furniture,wooden trays the list goes on.Good luck on your project.Let me know how you went.Merry Christmas.

• Nanablc

Just getting ready to do this with plain wood boxes!! Will be moving on to pots! Had not thought of this, can't wait to do it!! Thanks for sharing!

• Maggie

This is very pretty. I want to do on terra cotta and clear glass