Winter interior Air Conditioner Covers?

+17
Would like some decorative ideas on covering an interior 'through the wall' air conditioner as seen in the photo Thanks
q winter interior air conditioner covers
  • Larry H Larry H on Dec 13, 2017
    I took the cover off to insulate. I'm actually removing the unit in the spring (we got central air) and installing a window, but need a temporary decorative cover up for the winter. Maybe something festive?  Thanks

• Another Hometalkers did this . . .

https://www.hometalk.com/23362068/air-conditioner-dresser-a-wood-cozy-for-your-a-c-

Would this work for you?

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 13, 2017
    I would wrap it in plastic first to keep any moisture out, then with a thick fabric and cover it with a more aesthetic fabric. I would cover it like you were wrapping a gift, but only the top of the box. You could put some kind of ribbon or attractive cording to hold it on that goes with your décor.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 13, 2017
    Hi Larry.
    Could you put up a curtain rod and add a nice curtain? I would mount the rod high and use a ceiling to floor curtain to make it look like a big window.

• Rosie Rosie on Dec 14, 2017
    Can you place a nice big picture over it, like the canvas prints that are a wrap around frame, making the picture stand out from the wall an inch or so. The picture could be any size larger than the opening for the AC.

• Tami Stone Tami Stone on Dec 14, 2017
    Put a framed mirror over it. Make a faux windo & put short or long curtains over it.

• NancyMaria NancyMaria on Dec 14, 2017
    I was going to say wrap like a gift, already posted. But what ever you finally decide, DO cover the insulation, many people are allergic to fiberglass insulation. For fun you could always cover with a box and an x of Caution tape with "under construction".

• Larry H Larry H on Dec 14, 2017
    Thanks very much. All great ideas. I'll post an update when finished.

• Larry H Larry H on Dec 14, 2017
    Think I'm going to put plastic wrap over it and go for the curtain and rod idea, Thanks again for all the great ideas.

• Naisy.daisy69 Naisy.daisy69 on Dec 14, 2017
    something like a bathroom mirror cabinet.

• Nilsa Cintron Nilsa Cintron on Dec 31, 2017
    My version of an air conditioning cover