Asked on Dec 13, 2017

Winter interior Air Conditioner Covers?

Nilsa CintronNaisy.daisy69Larry H
+17

Would like some decorative ideas on covering an interior 'through the wall' air conditioner as seen in the photo Thanks
  • Larry H
    Larry H

I took the cover off to insulate. I'm actually removing the unit in the spring (we got central air) and installing a window, but need a temporary decorative cover up for the winter. Maybe something festive?  Thanks
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

I would wrap it in plastic first to keep any moisture out, then with a thick fabric and cover it with a more aesthetic fabric. I would cover it like you were wrapping a gift, but only the top of the box. You could put some kind of ribbon or attractive cording to hold it on that goes with your décor.
  • Amanda
    Amanda

Hi Larry.
    Could you put up a curtain rod and add a nice curtain? I would mount the rod high and use a ceiling to floor curtain to make it look like a big window.
  • Rosie
    Rosie

Can you place a nice big picture over it, like the canvas prints that are a wrap around frame, making the picture stand out from the wall an inch or so. The picture could be any size larger than the opening for the AC.
  • Tami Stone
    Tami Stone

Put a framed mirror over it. Make a faux windo & put short or long curtains over it.

• NancyMaria
    NancyMaria

I was going to say wrap like a gift, already posted. But what ever you finally decide, DO cover the insulation, many people are allergic to fiberglass insulation. For fun you could always cover with a box and an x of Caution tape with "under construction".
  • Larry H
    Larry H

Thanks very much. All great ideas. I'll post an update when finished.
  • Larry H
    Larry H

Think I'm going to put plastic wrap over it and go for the curtain and rod idea, Thanks again for all the great ideas.
  • Naisy.daisy69
    Naisy.daisy69

something like a bathroom mirror cabinet.

• Nilsa Cintron
    Nilsa Cintron

My version of an air conditioning cover
    , Air conditioning cover Made with cardboard batting duct tape used hot glue gun to attach the fabric