Repurposed Chandelier Crystal Angel Ornaments

$2

I love having angels around all the time, but especially at Christmas. There's just something magical about them, and it's fun to make angels out of unusual things.
For these ornaments I started with 3 vintage glass chandelier crystals from my stash, but plastic ones would work fine too... and a dollar store sink mat.

Chandelier crystals make perfect little angels because the small round crystals are already attached for angel heads.
My local dollar store carries these fun rubber sink mats, and when I saw them I immediately saw pairs of angel wings.

Using my hot glue gun I glued a pretty ribbon rose onto the wire between the small and large crystals.

Then I glued a pair of wings that I cut out from the sink mat on the back.
Every angel needs a halo, so I used some tiny faux pearl beading. All that's needed is a dab of glue on the back of the head to hold the beading in place.
Before hanging on the tree I removed the wire top wire that came with the crystal and replaced it with a silver ornament hook.
I wanted my angel to have some company on the tree so I made two more. The one on the right is wearing a piece of a rhinestone bracelet.

These angels are a great way to use up bits and pieces in your craft stash.

If you love angels as much as I do you might also enjoy these Repurposed Baking Cone Angel ornaments and these Repurposed Salt & Pepper Angels.

Misc. decorative touches

Color Me Thrifty