Marbled Goat Milk Soap (Gift Idea!)

$10

A FiberArtsy.com tutorial

With Christmas right around the corner, I’m in full DIY gift crafting mode. I absolutely love making presents for my friends and I especially love making soaps, scrubs and bath products! The past few years, I made Yummy Bath Bombs so this year I decided to try making Marbled Goat Milk Soap. I admit, I cheated and didn’t actually make the soap. Instead, I used a goat milk melt & pour soap base that I found at the craft store and added different colors and essential oils.

See full step by step instructions at the link below
Supplies:
Goat Milk Soap Base
Soap Making Molds
Essential Oils s.a. Sandalwood, Peppermint or Sweet Orange
Soap Making Dyes
Microwave Safe Bowl
Toothpicks
Oven Mitts
Spoon
Depending on which method you choose for melting your soap base, you also need either a microwave or a stove top and a double boiler.
Microwave Method:
Break the soap base into pieces and put them in your microwave safe bowl. Microwave on High for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving and stirring at 15 second intervals until fully melted.
Stovetop Method:
Add water to the pot of your double boiler and heat on the stove until simmering. Place soap base pieces in the bowl and set this on top of the pot. Stir until soap is melted.

Using the oven mitt, carefully pick up the bowl and pour the melted soap in the molds. You may want to start with one or two molds at a time until you get a feel for how quickly the soap cools. Caution: The melted soap will be HOT!
For each bar of soap, you add essential oil and dyes, then swirl it all together with a toothpick.
These soap make wonderful Christmas and Birthday Gifts!

You can find the full step by step instructions at FiberArtsy.com (see link below)
Enjoy!
Annette

Fiberartsy

• Linda

does the dye come off in the bath?
    • Fiberartsy

It shouldn't, if it is dye specifically made for soaps and other cosmetics. I wouldn't use food or candle dye.
  • Nickie

does dye come off using soap?
    • Terrie Venie

im a soap er and yes they do have colored bubbles with both food dye and soap dye. But Iv never had either streaks stay. Iv also used crayons and they also produce soap bubbles.
  • Robin

How long do you have to let it dry before removing from molds?