Kenny24
Kenny24
  • Houston, TX

Dresser turned buffet

$150

I was in desperate need of a larger buffet...too cheap to purchase one and too impatient to wait on the transport of one from my mother home, I took matters into my own hands.
Before
Before
I ran across this dresser one afternoon at a local flea market (the kind of flea market that has no name, only directions of how to get to it, on the side of town you only venture to during daylight hours).
After
After
I attached ball feet (purchased in the table leg section of Home Depot). Sanded and primed the piece unnecessarily since Annie Sloan Chalk Paint does not require prep. Painted the piece with two coats of paint.
Distressed
Distressed
I used a Dremel to sand the piece along the edges to distress it some and had my husband spraypaint the hardware with oil rubbed bronze (Spraypainting is too simple, so I have not yet mastered it)

• Csb308307

OM goodness, I've been wanting to get rid of my 25 year old heavy dresser along with my husband's high boy, then get matching high-boy's for us (to save space in a small room), I do have a buffet in the kitchen, but my dresser would hold so much more and now I'm thinking I could put my husbands high boy in the kitchen too(got a spot between fridge and window for it) for even more storage. Love this idea!! thank you for sharing.

• Jackie T

Looooooove!!!