DIY Garden Lattice Light Fixture

$20

It seems there is never a shortage of problems that need creative solutions and for us one of those problems has been the lack of adequate lighting in the living room. For the last four years we have made do with two lamps on our end tables and let’s just say, the amount of light they offered left much to be desired. Making our own light fixture has been a goal of ours and so we have been mulling ideas over
diy garden lattice light fixture
On the lattice, choose 6 symmetrical points for hanging support and drill a hole for each. Secure the 3/8in eye bolts in each of the six holes.
String the cable ties through the eye bolts and loop until completely secure. This is very important. You must not be able to open the loop or slide the tie back through the head.Measuring according to the location of the eye bolts on the lattice, drill 6 corresponding holes into the ceiling.
diy garden lattice light fixture
Insert drywall anchors into the ceiling holes and secure the ceiling hooks by twisting.

diy garden lattice light fixture
Just for a test run, install your fixture base by hanging the cable tie loops on the ceiling hooks. If everything looks good and sturdy then take it down and proceed with the next steps.
diy garden lattice light fixture
Weave your string light sockets through the lattice and secure the wire in place with the remaining cable ties (you can use more if you like).Decorate your light fixture by arranging your faux foliage around the lattice either by weaving the stems through the lattice or using glue or a staple gun for a more permanent fix. Make sure to place the foliage a good distance away from the light bulbs or they can burn.
diy garden lattice light fixture
diy garden lattice light fixture
Install your completed fixture by hanging the cable tie loops on the ceiling hooks.Finally, screw in your Edison bulbs, plug in the light, and enjoy the beautiful view!
Sammy

• Murf

How tall is your ceiling?

• Lisa

How or where was this plugged in? I didn’t see an outlet on the ceiling!

• Rikki

It looks like they ran it down the wall using the foliage to cover it up slightly

• Susan Hughey Oldcorn

I have a single flush mount light fixture in my very small galley kitchen, is there anyway I could tie the electric into it? Also how bright is it? I need more light in my kitchen.

• Lonny

You should be able to replace fixture with a outlet or get an adapter that screws into the light socket to convert to an outlet. The amount of light will depend on the number of sockets on string light and the wattage of each bulb. The higher the wattage the more light. If you want a lot of light use LED bulbs in cool white. This will produce a very bright light and use very little electric.

• Tara T in TX

I would like to see a post of this at night so we can see just how much light you are getting now.

• Sandra Frosch

I would try this; however, I'd make a few changes. A power supply from an existing ceiling light and framing and staining the lattice. Otherwise, I really like the idea.