DIY Garden Lattice Light Fixture

$20

It seems there is never a shortage of problems that need creative solutions and for us one of those problems has been the lack of adequate lighting in the living room. For the last four years we have made do with two lamps on our end tables and let’s just say, the amount of light they offered left much to be desired. Making our own light fixture has been a goal of ours and so we have been mulling ideas over for quite some time. All we knew was that we definitely wanted something that gave off rustic, jungalow, boho vibes. We also wanted something inexpensive; something we could make out of upcycled and thrifted materials. It didn’t take long for us to settle on the garden lattice sitting abandoned at the back of our garage. Not only did it give us the look we were going for but it also helped us solve another design problem: what to do with the overgrown arrowhead vine taking over the living room. And then, almost in what could only be described as divine intervention, something possessed my husband to stop at a garage sale where he found this set of 5 really cool Edison bulbs for $5 (normally they would go for around $7 a bulb).
On the lattice, choose 6 symmetrical points for hanging support and drill a hole for each. Secure the 3/8in eye bolts in each of the six holes.
String the cable ties through the eye bolts and loop until completely secure. This is very important. You must not be able to open the loop or slide the tie back through the head.Measuring according to the location of the eye bolts on the lattice, drill 6 corresponding holes into the ceiling.
Insert drywall anchors into the ceiling holes and secure the ceiling hooks by twisting.

Just for a test run, install your fixture base by hanging the cable tie loops on the ceiling hooks. If everything looks good and sturdy then take it down and proceed with the next steps.
Weave your string light sockets through the lattice and secure the wire in place with the remaining cable ties (you can use more if you like).Decorate your light fixture by arranging your faux foliage around the lattice either by weaving the stems through the lattice or using glue or a staple gun for a more permanent fix. Make sure to place the foliage a good distance away from the light bulbs or they can burn.
Install your completed fixture by hanging the cable tie loops on the ceiling hooks.Finally, screw in your Edison bulbs, plug in the light, and enjoy the beautiful view!

Sammy

• Elizabeth

You don't mention how you installed electricity to your lights, and there's no photo to see where the flex comes from. Did you draw it down through the ceiling or up from a plug? How did you keep it neat?
    • Tcs

Was wondering the same. Look at the upper left side. You can see an extension cord ran to that corner. They're trying to get the plant to start growing up the cord and into the fixture, which it will! If it's anything like the ones I've had. Should end up pretty awesome.

• Jjc7923037

It says faux foliage, not real greenery...
    • Cindy

I too thought and took a second look as Tcsmith noted if you look on the left they have used white ext. cord to blend w/ceiling and it does look like real plant is growing towards it. Faux foilage on the lattice.....
  • Maria Moore

how would you hide the power cord I love the idea but the power source ?
    • Kenneth Melchiorre

put the cord behind the lattice
    • Sandra Hayley

I think she meant the cord that goes to the power source. I see you added foliage to it as it was strung over to the wall and down.
    • Melodi Whitaker

It’s not something I would use, but it’s a very creative, outside the box idea! Enjoy😊
    • Debbie West

She mentions the overgrown arrowhead vine in the first paragraph....it's in the left hand corner of the room inching it's way up the power cord.
    • Ann Carter Rice

Another option if you choose this to be more permanent, would be to drill a hole in the ceiling (under your Lattice fixture) and feed the cord through it and drill another hole near your outlet on the wall and have the cord come out there. It would require some maneuvering to get the cord through but people do it all the time when they mount their TVs to the wall. I am sure there are some tips on the Internet on how to do this.
    • Maria Moore

Thank you all for these tips
  • Jon30174289

What happens when it all needs a good cleaning?
    • Mona

I am a Florest & when your silk flowers & foilage gets dusty, you can do one if two things, go to your craft store that sells & purchase a can of Endust or as I do.. (it's cheaper,) go to your favourite store & purchase a can of Static Guard..
      Just Make Sure you use a face mask & you gave a window or two open.
      Do this on the spring and or fall. Not in the winter unless of course you live in a wRm climate. Works like a charm.
      Once that is finished, then go and wash your light fixtures with warm water & vinegar.
      DONE. Sit back & enjoy.

• Tammy Miller

My guess would be to climb a ladder to wipe clean. Probably not recommend for the elderly to climb a ladder to remove greenery and wipe lattice and light bulbs.
    • Wsl7304262

Looked easy enuf to put up!!! Take it down and clean it and by then might be time to make some changes.
    • Patty Anderson

For me, cleaning would be the only issue, but other than that, gorgeous!
    • Sheila

Great idea. Just not user friendly for those of us who deal with lots of pet hair.
    • Linda Holland

Cleaning would be issue too plus I think for me I would paint lattice white!! Would look cleaner and make greenery pop!!
      Great Idea!!!
    • Stephanie

EreWhy would people ask about cleaning. I see it all too often on here. It's really dumb. If it gets dirty either throw it out or start over. Or by the time it gets too nasty, you will be tired of the whole set up. Use your common sense if you have any. So silly.
    • Bill Hosford

Not silly at all. It’s a logical question. No need to be nasty
    • YLDesigns

Cleaning is very important - especially to those who suffer with allergies
    • Mre9559023

Use the cans of "air" used to clean around electronic equipment. I have used that for ages to cleans around plants & silk flowers.
    • Patti

Canned air just blows the dust around so it can land again. 🙄

• Ver31842565

Where is the power for the lights????

• Tracy Sponsler Jackson

Looks like there's an extension cord running across the ceiling. There's a vine growing up it. The project looks great other than that :)
    • Patty Anderson

Good eyes! That cord might eventually disappear as the ivy grows over and along it!

• Regina Green

Wow i love this,.but i have a ceiling fan
    • Shawna Hakes

Regina...well if you wanted to replace the ceiling fan with this it would be to your advantage because you would have your electrical outlet right in the ceiling to plug your lights into instead of having to drap them across the ceiling to a wall outlet.
    • Rainy Caron Hendrie

it would be a good idea to buy the solar lights , that would solve the plug issue.
    • Solar lights? How is the sun going to charge them?
    • Mary

Naomi, solar lights don’t need direct sun, only light from windows.
    • Nel6854197

Question: solar lights, how long would the lights stay on and do they slowly dim? I was thinking along the same lines, maybe get dimmer lights. :)
    • I get a lot of light in my house even in the winter, but no where near enough to charge solar lights - for more than an hour or so.
  • Regina Green

I have a ceiling fan, and i would love this in my living room. Is there an extention for the ceiling fan
    • Bryan

I had tried this and it turned out to be a huge success. I base everything in my life on what others think of me and how I get it done. Let me tell to you. When this was installed to my ceiling fan it took it from a 9 to a 10. Not only did the first women to see it spin not only stay the night but she even opted to use on only one of the two handle grips, it was quite intense. I was able to install hand grips that I got On sale at Lowe’s, the details can be found on my blog under My original creationist . Knowing this would be spinning at an I sense rate I wanted to make sure that safely wasn’t forgotten with the design. Safety first.

• Susie Ragusa

What about fire? I see, wood, dry foliage, electricity and nothing that would stop a fire if that was to get too hot?
    • Carrie

LED doesn’t usually get that hot, yet I see your point
    • Nel6854197

the electric cords that have an off button, would those work?
    • Dawnne Woodie

I could see using the warm LED Christmas lights. They stay cool, and while the light may not be as bright, you could use multiple strings to get things brighter.
  • Judy Garcia

Where are you getting your source of electrical?
    • Larry Potts

If you look real close at the plant in the left corner...it is climbing up a white electrical cord towards the lattice/lights...that's your power source.
    • Bryan

The company pse&g. All records would go through them.

• Nel6854197

I think this is a creative idea! I would not hang the lights low and try to hide some wires and twine the greenery around the edges and some hanging loosely. But I have a question: Can I use some outdoor solar lights and or plug in solar or, those dimmer lights, maybe twilight small lights just for ambience?? I would also paint this black or cranberry. LOVE YOUR IDEA!!
    • Vc Blackwell

Wow! Mission accomplished and what a creative way to shed light on how we can budget AND recycle! This looks terrific. Btw .... so does your husband. ;-)
    • Roni Weber Horobiowski

I really love this. Although I would put my own spin on it, but the idea opens the mind. Beautiful. My own spin? Still in mind progress. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Lou17346511

Hi, was wondering where the power came from?
  • Eastedie

Maybe white lattice the next time? What is the electric source? Interesting.
    • Rini

Eastedie, if you look closely, there is a white extension cord that is also a bit camouflaged with leaves, running all the way to the opposite wall and down.
    • Lyn

I agree about painting the lattice white,-it just looks like he picked it up from the garden and just hung it on the ceiling! The fake foliage, along with the unpainted lattice, just makes it look cheap. If he paints the lattice, removes the fake foliage and secures the extension cord better, this would look good.
    • Kim

I would paint it a tan or a brown since my living room are those colors with blue curtains.
      I really like the idea of this.
      I don't think it would be a problem cleaning it anymore than other places.
    • Diena Cameron

Glass1099, i think if they paint it brown, they might as well leave it like it is. I love the idea of painting it a different color and maybe disguise the cords better but a a great idea all in all.
    • Denise Sims Ryan

I would go with black lattice. It would hide the wiring and add an element of drama.

• Where did u plug it in? Or did u use the light wire??
    • Lin Collins

The pictures show an extension cord running along the ceiling to the wall and down to a plug.
    • Sammy

That is correct, we used a white cable with a wireless button that we could place wherever we wanted, it was that or actually drilling the ceiling and wiring it. We might do that if we like it in the long run!
    • B

Looks like a white cord running towards the corner of the room with greenery hanging from it.

• Cheryl Zeis

Same question: Plug it in where???

• Vickie Trybus

.

• Rhonda Meador

It looks like there is an extension cord going across ceiling and down wall with greenery covering cord.

• Virgil

There right but if you remove the light fixture and have someone but I a electric plug in it or you can jus unscrew the lights and buy a plug adapter in it you can use the light switch

• LaDonna

You can use the present light if you place the lattice over the old fixture. If its a single light fixture just unscrew the bulb and screw a outlet plug in. Like one gentleman said, you can then turn you hanging lights on and off with the light switch.

• Susan Lundquist

Did this for a restaurant several years ago. Painted ceiling above lattice a gloss brown, which hid the wires better. Used a plug adaptor in two existing light fixtures with separate switches. One switch controlled colored mini Christmas lights, second switch controlled “chandeliers “ of 3 clear 5 watt bulbs over each table. Installed a dimmer switch for the clear bulbs. Watch out that you match watts to the dimmer switch’s rating.

• John

If you look closely you can see the white cord running off the left far corner to the corner of the wall. This is one way to do it or as suggested you could use an existing fixture if there is one. Otherwise you could have an Electrician put in a fixture and a switch at a reasonable cost.

• Ronald Morrow III

You can either wire in an outlet and plug in your lights or hardwire the lighting of your choice.

• Marilyn Wakolee

Where do you plug in lights?

• Michele Duncan

Great job!

I love your couch. Where did you get it?

• Patricia Gates

. . . Michele Duncan you asked the right question. I love the couch and love seat too they will go with my other furniture. The color is about the color of my wall so I would get a throw and pillows with contrasting colors. Oh what fun to have that LOVE SEAT. So please tell where did you find such fine furniture Sammy?

• Tina Minton

Ashley furniture has it

• Lori Coffey

It looks great, but where do u plug in the lights and how many cords does it take to plug in, wires would be hanging from the ceiling, wouldn't it..

• Bobbo

I see you have the lights plugged in along the ceiling. Do you have a climbing plant running with it?

• Rosemary Richards

How do you clean this thing?

• Andreacaa

my thoughts as well...

• Joanie

I guess she'll tell ya when it gets dirty??????? I personally, don't care for whatever it is. Except the male doin' his manly duties......he isn't hard to look at....

• Elizabeth

I have a thing for lattice! And wind chimes! Maybe some little bird house chimes, if I could I would do this project. My bedroom has many plants in there and I just think the lattice would pull the whole room together. I was just thinking what about on the windows!!? Without over doing it of course 🙄

• Gerrie

I’ve seen this used in a half bath that had unusually tall ceiling. Looked great.

• A hair dryer??

• Julie Nelson

Take a Swifter duster and lightly tap all area's. But be careful because the type of material the swiffer is made of can get caught on rough edges...like the wood and fake plant's.

• ReallyBrandi

I dont vacuum my home i use a mini dewalt blower, i would set it on low and lightly blow it off. If thats to scary for some (totally not meant in a sarcastic way) a feather duster would work perfectly

• Janet macdonald-jarrett

It does look very nice but you will have a black electric cable running from the display all along the ceiling and down the wall to a socket surely?

• Andreacaa

If you look in the close up of the finished project, you can see a white extension cord.

• Yip there is a white extension cord...not the best visual. Would work better with a ceiling light fixture I'm thinking.

• Mikkigirl

Yes, it probably would be more visually attractive if connected to a ceiling fixture but, as evident in the first photo, there is none. It’s a lot of work, mess, and expense to open up a ceiling to put in wiring. For those of us who don’t have ceiling fixtures this is a great alternative! Love it!

• Janet macdonald-jarrett

Andreacaa and Sisandpiper@access comments.ca Thanks guys I had't spotted it which I guess is the idea.

• Emily

No you put it thru the ceiling and down the inside of the wall

• Murf

How tall is your ceiling?

• Lisa

How or where was this plugged in? I didn’t see an outlet on the ceiling!

• Shirley

• Rikki

It looks like they ran it down the wall using the foliage to cover it up slightly

• Ginny

with a white cord so its not so noticeable

• Tess

It is run to the corner where the vine is

• Susan Hughey Oldcorn

I have a single flush mount light fixture in my very small galley kitchen, is there anyway I could tie the electric into it? Also how bright is it? I need more light in my kitchen.

• Lonny

You should be able to replace fixture with a outlet or get an adapter that screws into the light socket to convert to an outlet. The amount of light will depend on the number of sockets on string light and the wattage of each bulb. The higher the wattage the more light. If you want a lot of light use LED bulbs in cool white. This will produce a very bright light and use very little electric.

• Susan Snyder

Just a reminder: If you do choose to try a converter if your current fixture (which would be awesome for hiding the ugly cord), I would DEFINITELY recommend using LED lights if your going to plug something like this into it. It’s a lot of bulbs, and regular ones would draw a lot of electricity. You could overload the circuit and either blow a fuse or start a fire. LEDs draw far less and won’t overpower the circuit.

• Renee

I have a single overhead light and my back left kitchen corner was always dark because of the refrigerator, or standing at the counter blocked the light. Ikea’s Under counter light systems are a great fix, and not super expensive.

• Shelley

YOu can get a little converter that turns a light socket into a plug

• Melody

Love it!!!

• Nancy

How do you water the plant?

• Roberta

You dont use live plants. Use plastic or artificial plants from any craft store.

• Susan Bartenfeld

They are not real plants! Can you believe!!! She/he must of used some really good faux plants!!

• Patricia

They are fake plants! No watering needed.

• James

They said it was faux plants meaning fake

• Virginia K. Childress

Artificial plants

• Kathleen mcallister

Faux foliage

• Ashley

I like the idea, but I feel like it would be better suited in a smaller space, like hanging over a kitchen table, island, or even a covered porch. I have alot of live plants in my kitchen, so I can see this fitting in nicely there, with a few tweaks to match my decor style that is...Really, the only things I would personally change would be the style of lights used, and to add more color by painting or staining the lattice, and adding more colorful flowers. It may have been the look you were going for all along, but to me, it looks a little like a mash up of several good ideas that just didn't quite come together as planned. The Edison lights are industrial, but the lattice and flora are more whimsical. I honestly feel that a different style of lights and more foliage added would make a world of difference in this project. As is, it's just a bit sparce and unfinished-looking for my taste. I do really love the out of the box thinking though.

• Judith

How do you connect electricity with no previous socket in ceiling?

• Dawn

Plug

• Mababes

Plug into where? Where did the socket come from when there was none in the ceiling prior to this?

• Suzy

Battery operated

• Pam

I was thinking the same thing

• LeoCarol

Hire electrician

• Denae

I was wondering the same until I looked more closely at the images. It appears that the cord runs across the ceiling to the corner and down the wall where the greenery is. At least that would be my thoughts anyway. It looks like a white cord.

• Kathleen mcallister

If you look carefully they ran a wire on the ceiling

• Marty Roberts Lightfoot

If you look to the left of the picture you can see the cord with more vine wrapped around it

• Beverly Shroyer Lucey

Too Mickey mouse, run power to it by going in the attic and drop it through the ceiling. Not hard to do.

• Terri Helms

I agree, it shows the cord more prominent in the 5th picture in the upper left corner of the picture, there it is very visible, though I do like the idea of the vine masking the cord, but not completely so you can see where it goes, and how it lights up the fixture.

• Devra Callender Baudouin

Where will it be plugged in ?

• Michele

Cute idea. Where does it plug in? HOW do you connect it to a power source? These questions remain unanswered. The "project" looks easy, but I don't see an electrical outlet in the ceiling and I don't see a cord descending from the lattice work to a power source on the wall. So another cute, easy project that requires a lot of massive prep work or a ladder so you can climb up to flip a switch on a contained LED set up.

I'm out.

• Michele

Okay. I see the cord now. Stretch across the ceiling then down the wall to the left. And try to hide it all with more leaves and vines. Yeah, still counting me out.

• Janice

Looks like a white extension cord at the back left corner of the lattice in the 5th photo. They probably tucked it on top for a cleaner photo in the last (6th) photo.

• Renea Tippie

Me too!!!

• Carol Johnson

I was told at a lumber store to never use wood lattice in your home, it is chemically treated and gives off vapors similar to formaldehyde!!! I purchased plastic lattice

• Judy

Good point. You might want to see if they have untreated lattice.

• Bettie

No, because just as others, I’m concerned about where to plug the lights?

• Theresa

Battery operated lights.

• Vicki

If you look at the finished project.... Last pic i think....the cord goes across the ceiling and down to a plug....greenery on it.

• Nicole

Bettie, see in the corner is the cord. Covered with green.

• Juan N Paola

You can clearly see he ran it to theback left corner with a white extension

• Danny

Where did you get your light source didn’t see a light to come from?

• Theresa

Battery operated.

• Diana

IKEA has them

• Jo

It goes from the lattice across to the wall and down to a plug in it is decorated also with greenery.

• Kari

if you look in the picture they ran a white extension cord across the ceiling and down the wall.. they decorated it with greenery so it would blend in.. I would have an electrician install a small plug on the ceiling and make sure I have a small cover painted the same as the ceiling incase I wanted it removed someday

• Nicole

It’s a plug in the corner.

• Gerry Ender

do you see the vine going from the ceiling light to the wall? down the wall clear down to the floor?

• Juan N Paola

he ran it to theback left corner with a white extension

• Tina

I was wondering the same thing... clever disguise

• Michelle

It looks great!!!

• Randall

Where are you plugging in the lights as there is no receptical in the ceiling.

• Linda

if u look in the corner u will see a cord with a live plant growing up on it

• Pamela

Wouldn't the plastic foliage get hot next to the bulbs?

• Lori

I am curious, do you have lower ceiling height than normal. I wonder, because we have 7’ ceilings. Wasn’t sure how this would work with that height? Could give it a whirl.

• Sharon Ramstad

Where do you plug in the lights so the cord doesn't show?

• Tierney Clark

If you look in the last two pictures you can notice it the left upper corner of the pictures. It looks to be white in color so it blends with the wall and the vine. The cord is more noticeable in picture #5 and then see it in the vine in the last picture.

• Bonnie

Great wuestion! I too was wondering the same thing

• Karen

You can buy these lights that are battery operated , the switch also has a timer option so if you set it to that it will come on same time everyday for x about of hours.

• G.B. Woot

You can see the cord going to the corner of the room and then down the wall.

• Mary

the cord is white, so it’s hard to see, but it goes to the corner on the left side of the picture.

• Bryan

Instead of a chain to run down the corner you can use a vine, real or artificial.

• Rynn

FYI, you can buy a little 'trick' at Lowes that screws into a light bulb spot and makes it a plug. They didn't use it here, but that is one way to get creative with lighting without worrying where to get power. :)

• Nancy

Where do you plug it in? Was there a different light fixture there before?

• She21541903

What did you plug this into

• Dreamcatcher lady..

Great ideas,But ,problems is,how will you clean off dust and also when it thee is dust!it will spread down which you can not see..

• G

You can't and have fun with your dust allergy's.

• Cherie

Can it be taken down of the hooks, taken outside, sprayed with the hose and put back up when dry?

• Meem Kaplan

Vacuuming works with a hose and attachments.

• Lisa Griffith

What do you mean string/loop cable ties through eye bolts?

• Kat

Shes used cable ties around the lattice as loops to hook onto the hooks in the ceiling, and used them for securing the foliage and lights

• Chris

Zip ties , great idea

• Susan Snyder

Lining up round eye hooks EXACTLY with the curved hooks in the ceiling is often very difficult, especially considering there’s 6 of them. Adding the flexible plastic zip ties allows some “wiggle room” in case the measurements are off even a few millimeters.

• Suzanne

How do you water that?

• Diane Myers

Does anyone think this is way overdone?

• Lisa

So I’m guessing you could place lattice over an area where you have an existing ceiling fixture so that you can plug lights in without having to run a cord? It wasn’t explained in this article

• Pamela

Yep, I assumed that too. Very Creative & something they love & takes care of the lighting issue when they need more light!

• Dee Ann Kennemer McFalls

They used a white extension cord running across the ceiling and down the wall. They’re trying to get the plant in the left corner to climb up the cord to try and disguise it.

• Anita Snider

How do you hide the cord when you plug it in?? And where did you plug it in with no outlet on you ceiling? Dont get me wrong its a Awesome i dea and it look amazing!!

• Tara

The cord is in the back it runs down the wall to an outlet

• Charmaine

I was thinking the same thing. I even went back and looked lol

• Dianne Mathews Crocker

It looks like the wire (white, same color as ceiling) is wrapped with an artificial plant and run across the ceiling and down the wall to a socket.

• Susan

They do make battery run lights. I perfer than cords running across or down the walls..It's just easy 2 reach up & cut them off.

• Rick

Maybe for a dorm room or an outdoor shed. Otherwise, WTH?

• Stephanie

I just laughed out loud. Was thinking the same thing. Definitely the outdoor shed.

• Mickie

I have to agree. Creative yes, but I keep thinking of dust gathering and spiders.

Now this idea would look fabulous in a bigger room maybe? Or in a farmhouse kitchen with herbs for the greenery.

Still this is a wayy cool idea!

• Marcy

I think this is so cool .She showed it for people to see if you don't like it in the house then put it outside on the porch

• JAN

I think this definitely has it's place, and if it works for this guy, so be it. I like it. I Agree with Marcy ..........

• Carrie Ervin Divine

Lol! Thank you! I was thinking the same and thought maybe it was just me?!

• Pam

Where is the cord to actually light it.... very clever but primitive at best

• Marcy

This is beautiful I'm adding lattice work to my kitchen.This would be a good ideal to place under the top cupboards and string small clear Christmas lights. With out the floral work for some extra lighting .

• Clara

How does he get electric lights to work did not see an outlet in the ceiling?

• Jenny Fallon

Cord runs to the wall and down to the outlet.

• Rebeccawilliams20114

Is there a better way to try hiding the cord or camouflaging it, not very attractive.

• Tammy

Could use battery lights.

• Dawn

According to the last image The plants are covering the light cord into the corner of the room and down the wall to a plug

• PJ

I think it's a great idea, looks perfect. YOU go make something, ANYTHING! Throw up a pic do we can tell you what a pos you are.

Have a grand day A-Hole

• Jennifer Ravin

Very nice lady or should I say woman cause your no lady.

• Ashley

Battery lights! You can get these same lights at target that run off batteries instead 😊

• Christine

I’d use fairy lights that can be remote controlled OR run electricity to the ceiling. It’s a cute project.

• Bonita

Where did he plug the lights in it there was no plan and on the ceiling?

• Jessica Marie Stephens

The vine going across the ceiling to the outlet

• Barbara

It is there, I see it look at pucture....a white electric chord out of the back left corner.

• Jennifer Ravin

I didn't see any plug so I went back and looked again. Look to the left you can see what looks like a white cord. Theres a line on it. Extension cord?

• Kari

It looks to me that the wires go over towards the corner with the plant in it.

• Carolina

Where are you plugging them? I don't see a plug on the ceiling?

• Winnie

battery operated?

• Jennifer Ravin

Like

• Jennifer Ravin

There's a vine not line...lol.

• Kari

The wires run over towards the plant in the corner. White wires.

• Terri Helms

Everyone is right in most parts, the cord is white, and they took some of the vines and wrapped them around the cord and put the cord towards the top left corner of the ceiling and then down to the plug, so it looks like the vines are growing long and looped across the ceiling.

• Andria Kee

There is a cord being hiden partially by the plant

• Susan

How is it plugged in?

• Kellie

If you look at the pictures carefully you can see a white cord stretching across the back of the room and down the wall to a plug I assume. It's lightly disguised as foliage similar to that used across the ceiling and slightly heavier look going down the wall.

Nice way to distract and disguise the cord.

• Candy Smith

I was told that lattice like this is very flammable. We used it as a "ceiling" in a basement bedroom for a tall child. When a craftsman came into our home and saw it he was upset and asked us to please take it down and just paint the rafters as it was safer.

• Heidi Pustelniak

There are led lights that stay cool. I have them on my patio. They put out plenty of light and each bulb is only one watt of power. They don’t even get warm.

• Alison

I loved this but the cord running from the outlet across the ceiling put me off.

• Patricia Jackson

I would use the battery operated twinkling lights

• Christine

You can get a light bulb with a plug in it. We have one on our porch light for lights during the holidays

• Bonnie Berg Stasik

Where would you find the outlet to plug in?

• Carol Z

Wow, I love, love, LOVE this idea!! So cool. I love the choice of the vintage Edison bulbs! Brilliant idea.

• Debkw405

We did your project and it turned out so cute! Thank you so much!