A Cheery and Bright Wood Slice Sign for Winter

$2

Cheery up the dreary days of winter with this bright wood slice sign. Grab a piece of reclaimed wood and some wood slices and bring on the snow!
a cheery and bright wood slice sign for winter
Even though I am Canadian, I have never really gotten used to the cold and dark days of winter. I really wanted something to brighten up my fence so grabbed some of these wood slices to make a cheery winter sign.

(please note the twine in the above photo- the one with the arrow ended up not being used in this project! Sometimes you just have to change things up mid project  )
To make the sign, I also grabbed I grabbed a piece of salvaged wood and gave it a coat of Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in Flow Blue.  Flow Blue is a gorgeous, bright blue that looks so pretty when combined with white. 
The wood slices got a chunky, thick coat of Fusion Mineral Paint in Metallic Pearl.  Pearl has a lovely sheen to it that sparkles and shines in the sunshine.

Let It Snow was spelled out on the wood slices in the same blue paint as above. 
With wood slices painted in the Pearly white, they look like little snowballs.
To hang them, each was measured and looped through an eye hook. 

A few snowflakes where added to finish it off and it was ready to hang outside.
I can't help but smile when I see the cheery blue sign.  The Flow Blue has to be one of my favourite Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint colours now.  

Did you miss my previous Scandinavian inspired Christmas projects?

If not, you can see how to Make a Twig Star here...

For more pictures and links for this project, pop over to the original RECREATED DESIGNS post...

Recreated Designs