Lsherbach
Lsherbach
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Amityville, NY

Snowflakes "to Go"

$2

What's a person to do with that never ending supply of "to go" cup carriers
snowflakes to go
If you take a really close look, maybe you can see what I see - with a snip snip here, and a snip snip there - there is a snowflake hiding there.

This is more a project of taking away; and I started by turning the tray upside down and cut away the 4 corners.
snowflakes to go
snowflakes to go
Next I cut around the "cross" section
snowflakes to go
I used both a scissor and box cutter to make these cuts and what you are left with is this.
snowflakes to go
Next I spray painted the shape gold. Originally i was planning on all white; but I ran out of white after spraying the back! In the end I love the gold. A happy accident.
snowflakes to go
I had a package of crystal snowflakes which I added to the center. Still needed something else so i dug out a branch of off white berries from my Christmas decorations and snipped them off the sprig.

Hot glued everything in place
snowflakes to go
Because I want to use these in an arrangement I mounted the snowflakes on dowels, as you can see here:
snowflakes to go
This was easier to do than it was to explain. I hope I was clear enough.

Happy crafting everyone.