Zest it Up
Zest it Up
  • Atascadero, CA

Easy Holiday Card Display

$10

Every Christmas I seem to get quite the pile of Christmas cards, which don’t get me wrong – I loveeeee this! I love snail mail, I loveee pictures, and I love catching up with old friends and reading christmas letters it’s kind of like my own little personal coffee date! But the pile is never pretty- always chaos! I struggle with trying to have a way to present the chaos, but not take up a ton of space and
easy holiday card display
Found this birch branch rummaging in a gardening pile!
easy holiday card display
Supplies:
  • Birch Branch (found mine from a gardening pile)
  • Twine
  • Butchers twine
  • Pruning Shears
  • Clothespins
  • Fishing line
  • Pinecones (we bleached ours! see the tutorial on our blog!)
  • Nails & Hammer
  • Branch clippings (grab leftover clippings from a Christmas tree farm)
easy holiday card display
First cut some twine and take two branches that might be shorter than what you anticipated and tie them together to make one bigger more dramatic branch. I used the natural colored twine so it would be a little more hidden.
easy holiday card display
After creating a bigger “branch” I took some cotton butchers twine and tied the branch to my birch branch. I wrapped this many times so that it would be nice and secure.
easy holiday card display
I then hung three more branches for four total.
easy holiday card display
Just space the branches out and be sure to tie them all on the same side of the branch.
easy holiday card display
Once all your branches are tied on and secure it’s time to add some zest!
easy holiday card display
I had some pinecones I gathered while on a hike that were perfect for that winter wonderland look I was going for. You will notice some of the pinecones are white washed looking, if you like that look check out my DIY on how to achieve this. Otherwise simply grab some fishing wire (that was it’s clear and not visible) and hang the pinecones scattered throughout the branch.
easy holiday card display
Next I placed two nails in the wall and hung the branch securely on them. Then grab some clothespins and start pinning your cards to the branches- easy!!
easy holiday card display
Super cute and easy, a great way to bring the outdoors and pine smell into the home all the while mixing it up when it comes to card display!
easy holiday card display
It would be super cute to string some copper lights through the branches too for a twinkle effect!! (get the battery operated kind- wink wink!)
easy holiday card display
easy holiday card display
Hope you're feeling inspired to "zest" up your card display!
easy holiday card display
Have fun decorating!!
xo
Sam
Zest it Up