Gorgeous Before and After: Refinished Dresser

I found an incredible solid wood, serpentine front dresser on Craigslist for $50! All it needed was a bit of refinishing to make it shine.
Before: in good shape, but the finish had a lot of wear.
I decided to stain the top, and paint the bottom with Annie Sloan Aubusson Blue Chalk Paint. Starting to strip the top!
Here you can see the difference between the painted drawer with no wax, and the painted drawer with dark wax. It muted the bright blue, and added a lot of character.
The finished product - now one of my favorite pieces!
If you would like more details on how I refinished this piece, check out my blog at www.practicallyrevived.com!
Laura

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question
  • Karen Barnes Swan Karen Barnes Swan on Feb 16, 2016
    Hi, I've never done something like this before but I'm going to give it a try on an old oak dresser in the spare bathroom and also one just like it in our family room that has the TV sitting on it. My question is this.....I have regular paint that I'd like to use but it's not Chalk paint. Would that work just as well as Chalk paint? I also just bought some brown glaze. Please give me your opinion on the difference in regular paint and Chalk paint and if you think I can use my paint instead of buying Chalk paint. Thank you!!! I love what you've done with this blue dresser and refinished top!

Comments

2 of 69 comments
Next