C. D. Scallan
C. D. Scallan
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Saint Amant, LA

I Love Windows!

$15

I love recycling antique windows ! This was supposed to be for the week's challenge but due to circumstances beyond my control I control, I couldn't post before now.
i love windows
The first thing I did was bring the window inside and lay it on some old towels to protect our dining room table.
i love windows
Next I cleaned both sides of the glass really well because the adhesive doesn't stick well unless it's clean.
i love windows
I turned the window over the side I DIDN'T want to use and took a dry erase marker to sketch out the picture I wanted to try and create.
i love windows
Next I laid out mostly flat marbles, but also some tumbled rocks (to portray the mountains) and few crystals for the snow on top. Once my picture was created as my sister had requested (she fell in love with the sea glass window I created but we both love visiting our younger brother in the mountains,) I then used clear silicone liquid nail to attach it all to the window.
i love windows
Here's what it looks like finished. Don't be afraid to try out something like it ☺

• Bernice H

Well this post is from a year ago or so,I am just seeing it. So I hope you are still out there. I do a lot with glass gems, did you glue each gem individually? I know this turned out heavy,did you mount it on the wall or prop it up? Nicely done. Who has it? You or your sister? 👏 it is abstract,isn’t it?

• Bernice H

RE PICTURE...Great! I asked about the marbles..if you glued each one separately. I do also. Some will run a bead of glue,silicone ,whatever,then lay several down. I do individual gluing to the back of each marble because I dont like seeing the glue/ clear caulk around the marble. Some will also use grout n vases,balls etc. I don’t like grout either,I want my stuff to sparkle! 🤗🤗🤪I really do love what you have done , so , tell the sister...send a picture of it displayed. That’s the fun of doing...😎