What is best way to clean oven racks?

+6
  • Amanda Amanda on Dec 21, 2017
    Hi Leona. In the warmer months I take mine outside and spray with vinegar. Then I let them sit on the grass over night. In the morning I wipe them clean. Something with the dew on the grass really works. You can also soak them in the bath tub and scrub with a paste made from baking soda and vinegar. You can also crumple up aluminum foil and use that to scrub them. Good Luck!

• Kathy Kathy on Dec 21, 2017
    Put them in a large heavy-duty garbage bag along with a cup of ammonia, tie it shut and leave overnight. The built up grease and crud should wipe right off. Outside or in the garage is best because of the ammonia fumes.

• Pat Ruge Pat Ruge on Dec 22, 2017
      I agree, not just for oven racks, but also works well with bbq grills racks, and stove top grills. I've used this to clean my ronco rotisserie parts. See my post. Also, I've used this to get the real nitty gritty off my stainless stovetop, by sealing the stove stop with a plastic bag. It really does work. No scrubbing, no scratching. Mostly it rinses off, but if stubborn, use a blue sponge w/scrubber.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 21, 2017
    I also use a large garbage bag but I put a solution of vinegar, water, baking soda and Dawn dish soap. (Equal amounts of vinegar and water. One tablespoon each of baking soda and dish soap). Let it sit for a day and then take out of bag and rinse with clean water. Works like a charm.

• Pat20596684 Pat20596684 on Dec 21, 2017
    Hi the best way we have found to clean oven racks or actually any part of the stove that can be removed is to use a black plastic bag that everything into it with a gallon size or half gallon size of ammonia and as well as to do it on a warm day where you can set it outside and let it soak overnight then just rinse it off comes out sparkling clean

• Debbie Kuhar Debbie Kuhar on Dec 23, 2017
      How did you keep the liquid in the plastic bag. Tried this a few years ago, and all the liquid ran out of the bags?

• Margaret Margaret on Dec 22, 2017
    When something has overflowed or spilled while cooking in the oven I treat it as I do the BBQ grill. Remove the grate from the heat. place wet paper towels over soiled area. Let the object set and soften while you'r enjoying your meal. Then, remove the wet paper toweling, most of the gunk will come off with the toweling. Wash the rack in warm soapy water. I try to put oven racks in the dish washer at least once a week because ever member of my family is not watchful of what is happening in the oven when they are oven cooking.

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 23, 2017
    The easiest way to clean my oven racks has been to take outside, place on newspaper and spray with Easy Off Oven Clean. Rinse and re-install.

• Place them in a garbage bag and spray with oven cleaner. Let sit over nite. Scrub and hose off the next day