How to Clean Your Dirty Couch Cushions in 4 Steps!

$0

Our couch sees its fair share of wear and tear. Heck, it's even home to dinner many nights of the week. Because we use it so much, it can get a little dingy and stained when we don't take care of it.

Luckily, I've figured out a method to get my couch clean in 4 easy steps!

This trick will definitely not work with all couch materials so PLEASE CHECK YOURS BEFORE TRYING THIS AT HOME. You don't want to put your couch covers in the washing machine or dryer only to find that they all shrunk and now you need a new couch!
Here is our couch before I got started. The cushions are mashed, spots are stained, and it's not looking its very best.
My couch is slipcovered and the cases come off with a zipper. So I simply unzip each one and gather all of the slipcovers together.
Then I take the pillowcases and wash them in our washing machine using regular laundry detergent. I typically only put about half of the cases in at a time so it doesn't get overstuffed. I also use the SANITIZE option on my washing machine so that they get the deepest clean possible, especially since I don't clean the cushions as often as I probably should.
I even dry them in our dryer (again check the labels on your covers) and then put them back onto the pillows! This is when things really start to look perkier and fluffier!
It's really that easy! All you need is a bit of time, patience, and a washing machine to get your couch looking good again.

For the full step-by-step tutorial and tips to get the cleanest couch possible, head to this blog post with the full instructions.

The DIY Playbook