How to Make the Easiest Curtains Ever

I whipped up this valance in about an hour without even trimming my fabric at all. See the full post for the tutorial. I am not an experienced seamstress; anyone can do this! :)
how to make the easiest curtains ever, crafts, home decor, reupholster, window treatments, windows
Here's a sneak peek at the finished piece.
I started with a 2-yard piece of decorator fabric, which I turned inside out. Then I hemmed just the bottom, where the two raw edges came together.
I turned the "curtain" right side out. Then I tucked in the edges on the sides until each side was reduced by 4.75 inches and my valance was at my desired width of 36 inches.
Then I hemmed the sides. I never mark my hem spot. I simply use my sewing machine's pressure foot as a guide. I made sure to leave a 2-inch opening at the top for the rod pocket.
I ironed down accordion-type folds along the bottom.
Then I sewed together my accordion pleats.
Done! For all the complete details and more photos that illustrate each step, visit the blog post.
Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Kate

I would love to know the name of the fabric you used; I'm looking for a taupe/aqua fabric for my bedroom! Thank you! Helen Davis

• Norma Shaw Wamsley

Good idea. Looks very cute

• Mjk31756746

Will try this shortly. The only thing I am concerned about, although I am an experienced seamstress, is trying to sew through all of the layers of fabric by hand. This is quite thick. I need to make four of them. .