5 Best Container Vegetables for Beginning Gardeners

Here are my 5 favorite container veggies for beginning gardeners. They’re all easy to start from seed and will grow happily in containers on your patio, driveway, poolside…wherever you can fit ‘em.

Important! Container plants need excellent potting soil and natural fertilizers to grow their best. Click here to see the exact fertilizer I use and recommend.

"Bush Slicer" cucumber: Juicy slicing cucumbers in record time on disease resistant, dwarf bushes, perfect for a small space or container. The 6 to 8 inch long fruits have smooth, tender skin and sweet, crisp flesh.

“Pot of Gold” chard: Delicious, reliable and highly ornamental, these vigorous plants have crunchy golden stems contrasting with deep green leaves. Perfect for containers or striking mixed borders.

To see the rest and get container planting tips, visit my site! http://brownthumbmama.com/2014/02/5-best-container-vegetables.html

BrownThumbMama

• NancyMaria

I love to plant spaghetti squash in buckets. That way when you water, you water the roots and not getting the squash wet or rotting. And plant that spreads out work great in containers.

• Jordan Le Bouton

I am older and so want to grow things. Hard for me to get down and then back up so this will be the answer to my quest. How exciting. Have a nice big plantable back yard but need my new hip first. Yea!

• Linda Pettinicchi

Buy big flower pots from Riteaid drugstore for 10 dollars each,punch out holes and fill with potting soil,very light weight,when soil is dry,can be used over again,just add some new potting soil,pots last longer,if put away for winter,out the sun,use lawn cart,less stress on hips