5 Best Container Vegetables for Beginning Gardeners

Here are my 5 favorite container veggies for beginning gardeners. They’re all easy to start from seed and will grow happily in containers on your patio, driveway, poolside…wherever you can fit ‘em.

Important! Container plants need excellent potting soil and natural fertilizers to grow their best. Click here to see the exact fertilizer I use and recommend.

"Bush Slicer" cucumber: Juicy slicing cucumbers in record time on disease resistant, dwarf bushes, perfect for a small space or container. The 6 to 8 inch long fruits have smooth, tender skin and sweet, crisp flesh.

“Pot of Gold” chard: Delicious, reliable and highly ornamental, these vigorous plants have crunchy golden stems contrasting with deep green leaves. Perfect for containers or striking mixed borders.

To see the rest and get container planting tips, visit my site! http://brownthumbmama.com/2014/02/5-best-container-vegetables.html

14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Perfectly Round Tables
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
BrownThumbMama

• Jordan Le Bouton

I am older and so want to grow things. Hard for me to get down and then back up so this will be the answer to my quest. How exciting. Have a nice big plantable back yard but need my new hip first. Yea!

• Linda Pettinicchi

Buy big flower pots from Riteaid drugstore for 10 dollars each,punch out holes and fill with potting soil,very light weight,when soil is dry,can be used over again,just add some new potting soil,pots last longer,if put away for winter,out the sun,use lawn cart,less stress on hips

• Linda

To make less heavy, use plastic bottles in planters, about half full. Will depend on size of planters that you use!!