How to turn a bedroom into an exercise room?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 27, 2017
    Hi Rhea, it depends on what you want to do. You can move out the furniture and move in the exercise equipment. You can change the floor if it's carpet. Below is a link with some other ideas. Wishing you the best and Happy New Year!
  • Ken Ken on Dec 27, 2017
    It's all about floor space, isn't it? Remove bedroom furniture. Replace with exercise furniture. Anything else depends on what exercises and equipment you are going to introduce to the space. Some uses may need a resilient flooring rather than carpeting. Some may need things attached to a wall. I'm thinking a 65" TV so you won't get bored with the exercises.
  • Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 29, 2017
    First Ken your my kind of guy cause we all start out ready to go but it does get boring doesn't it?
    Rhea, I would think about what floor/level this room is own,and if you have a bath room in it and if you have great ventilation cause you sweat in there. Ideally I would give up my master bedroom with a bath for an exercise room. At least I can prop up windows and bath and clothing are in that room. With that said I would change out flooring as others have stated and I personally would want an engineer to confirm that, that room that in the second story can handle the equipment since it can get heavy. I would also want to add some sort of flooring that helps absorb noise. But once again just because it's on the second floor. If this was in a basement I wouldn't hesitate to cover floor in a low loop carpet and I would still want ventilation which every basement has to have egress window or way out so that's not an issue. Plus probably more electrical outlets for different pieces of equipment or at least allow you add on later and usually electrical box is their so you can have a new line run so that you don't accidentally trip a fuse. And yes, some bedrooms are on lower level and without knowing your home I am just giving out options,in case someone feels the need to respond. If you have a ranch style home and it is on a slab then it's just like a basement with a cement floor so it's just as easy to do. The weight wouldn't come into play. Then of course you would need to decide what you are placing in there is it yoga cause you probably would want a mirrored wall, and don't forget your scale and a small fridge to hold water. Like I stated earlier I really would think that a bath is important so you don't smell up the whole house. And ventilation.