U-SHAPE CUSHION - RECYCLING PROJECT

$0

Usually, I'm donating my old clothes if it is in good condition, but not underwear, socks, and pyjamas. So I've decided to recycle my old pyjamas after losing 30% of my weight :)
For this project, you will need:
1 old double duvet 10,5 tog (or the guest one which you have no space where to keep)
1 old PJ trousers (UK sz 16-18)
2 elastic hairbands
1 piece of ribbon (~50cm)
1 safety pin
U-SHAPE CUSHION - RECYCLING PROJECT
For this project, you will need:
1 old PJ trousers (UK sz 16-18)
2 elastic hairbands
1 piece of ribbon (~50cm)
1 safety pin
Open couple stitches from the inside of the waist and pull the ribbon all through using a safety pin.
Turn the PJ trousers inside-out and tie up each leg with the elastic band.
Turn the PJ trousers inside-in.
Roll the duvet
Put the pyjama pants on the blanket roll
Tighten the "belt" as tight as possible
Tie the "belt" with a bow
Hide the bow
The U-CUSHION IS READY... Easy-peasy, fast and WASHABLE!
And it is VERY-
-VERY
Comfortable :)
I also made the heart-cushion out of the PJ top :)

• Hva31450160

I would love to make one of these, but I don't have a double duvet and would prefer not to have to buy one. Is there anything I could use instead?
    • Jan27486115

I would try this I do not have an old duvet, I would ask a sponge shop to make the shape i want or purchase some soft pillows.
  • Gra2803579

absolutely will do this. also love your afghan...did you make it?

• Kayla Gallagher

I agree about the Afghan. It’s absolutely beautiful. Please tell your husbands granny how much people like her work. I sure would like to get the name of her pattern although mine would never be that beautifully made. Thanks for your project. You are very clever. Also, congratulations on your weight loss. Dynamic!!
  • Linda Hunt

Natasha, your idea is simple brilliant! I have been needing a side sleeper pillow for years but they are very highly priced for my budget so I will be making your pattern as stealing is a compliment not a crime, bwahahaha. I also want to make that pattern from your Grandmother-in-law too! Keeping it in the family so to speak, hehehe. Do you know the name of the pattern so that I may do the legwork locating the pattern itself? Both knitting and crocheting is fine by me. A healthy, prosperous and Happy New Year to you and yours in 2018.
    • Linda Hunt

Thank you, Natasha, that will be very cool if we can make the special pattern!

• Carole

First, congratulations on your weight loss. Second, what a clever idea for the pillow! Third, the afghan is a treasure! Beautifully made and a work of love. If granny is willing to share her pattern, I would also love to have you share it.
  • Mammaw

I made one for my granddaughter.