Asked on Dec 28, 2017

How can I cover a long crack in the textured ceiling of mobile home

EpdmroofBarbaraHarleyron74
+4

I tried using spackling, which didn't work so sanded that off. Then I tried Flex Shot, which is kind of like caulking. That's what is there now, and it left a raised line.

• Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

Try using a razor blade to trim it level with the ceiling.
    • Kathy Chojnacki
      Kathy Chojnacki

I did that with the spackling but the crack still showed. So I was waiting to remove this ridge till I found out how to actually hide the crack. Thank you so much for your help! ❤️
  • Harleyron74
    Harleyron74

Covering it with fiberglass drywall tape and coating it with taping mud might solve your problem. Cracks form because something is moving. What that is could take A lot of detective work.
    The fiberglass tape has more stretch than paper tape and may prevent the crack from reforming.
    • Kathy Chojnacki
      Kathy Chojnacki

Thank you so much! This actually happened a few years ago when we had days of 0 degree weather. My furnace broke down on the coldest day, and when I came home from work I had this huge crack in my ceiling. Il anxious to fix it the way you said! It’s been such an eyesore. God bless you and Happy New Year!!!
  • Barbara
    Barbara

I was going to say the same as Harleyron74