How can I cover a long crack in the textured ceiling of mobile home

+4
I tried using spackling, which didn't work so sanded that off. Then I tried Flex Shot, which is kind of like caulking. That's what is there now, and it left a raised line.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 27, 2017
    Try using a razor blade to trim it level with the ceiling.

• Kathy Chojnacki Kathy Chojnacki on Dec 28, 2017
      I did that with the spackling but the crack still showed. So I was waiting to remove this ridge till I found out how to actually hide the crack. Thank you so much for your help! ❤️

• Harleyron74 Harleyron74 on Dec 27, 2017
    Covering it with fiberglass drywall tape and coating it with taping mud might solve your problem. Cracks form because something is moving. What that is could take A lot of detective work.
    The fiberglass tape has more stretch than paper tape and may prevent the crack from reforming.

• See 1 previous
      Thank you so much! This actually happened a few years ago when we had days of 0 degree weather. My furnace broke down on the coldest day, and when I came home from work I had this huge crack in my ceiling. Il anxious to fix it the way you said! It’s been such an eyesore. God bless you and Happy New Year!!!

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 27, 2017
    I was going to say the same as Harleyron74