Cleaning Hacks - How To Clean Microfiber

$5

Having microfiber in your dining chairs is a brilliant idea. However, the challenge that comes with investing in microfiber is that keeping them clean can be quite the task. What then, is the easiest way to clean microfiber? Read below to find out!

cleaning hacks how to clean microfiber
cleaning hacks how to clean microfiber

STEP 1 : Spray The Material with Windex.

Before embarking on your cleaning task, you should enure that the seats are free from any tangible dirt. Pick out any food grains to make the whole process easier. Make it a habit to clean the chairs after meals, especially if you have children who tend to be messy eaters. Next, spray the chairs with Windex. Be careful not to soak them in the liquid as this might keep the chairs wet for too long.

cleaning hacks how to clean microfiber

STEP 2 : Scrub with Your Brush.

Next, take your brush and start scrubbing while following the same direction. It is recommended that you put slightly more effort on areas with food stains for best results. After scrubbing, tuck the chairs under your table. 

cleaning hacks how to clean microfiber

Spritzed chairs dry up quite fast and so this activity can be done during the day.

It takes only a few minutes to get your chairs to look good as new. Taking care of your furniture is just as important as keeping your house in check. Keep your chairs clean to protect them from damage and save money!

DIY Crafts And Hacks

• Chi7627334

Did you use windex with or without ammonia?

• Deeds

Thank you. I bet a lot of us were unaware of that!

• Debbie Harrington

would this also work on a microfiber couch?

• G-Granny

Wow, that's good to know I would have been afraid nothing would take the ink out. I'm glad that worked for you .

• Susie

I like this idea but how many times can you use Windex without bleach in it on your furniture before it will be filled with Windex. to me after using the windows to clean I would use my vacuum cleaner to suck out the moisture so you get most of that stuff out and don't just leave it there two are out dry

• Jill Ron Pike

That's why she tells in her article not to saturate the fabric, just spritz it. Evaporation takes care of the moisture. Most people use way too much product than needed when cleaning anything, anyway.

• Gail Barnhart-Shreck

I did this to my white dining room chairs that are 15 years old. I could not believe how white they are and all stains from 4 Grandbabies are gone.

• Lisa West

Yo Pauline you cam also used straight rubbing alcohol for mi ro rober. I have used it many times on my couch. Understand have 3 teens 2 daughters and 1 son. My furniture took a beating. So it works well. Now how ever once we move I will purchasing a new living room set. I have not decided if I want a sofa and love seat or sofa and lounge chair. My girls have moved out. They are 19 and 25. My son is 21 and has not moved out as of yet. He is very clean with the home furniture. Not so much with his own. How ever he is learning that some times you have to replace furniture. Right he purchased a queen size mattress. He is so funny to. He puts sheets on the bed. Then a comforter to sleep on and a comforter to cover up with. He also like a denim quilt rug I made for his step dad. Which he calls dad. So he had asked me for a pillow and carpet in the denim quilt. So I got the pillow done. Now I will be working on his carpet soon. I digress though. Rubbing alcohol dries very fast. Use a scrub brush and then a damp cloth to help wipe away any dirt and debris that comes loose. Is safe for most micro fiber and carpeting.

• Janis Franzen Jordan

You don’t know the circumstances regarding where this young man lives. I am a widow and my adult son lives with me. He works full time and pays rent. It works for us.