Want to build wood shelves in pantry

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 29, 2017
    I assume you want to guild wood shelves in the pantry. The easiest way would be to get the one with the strips you can put up and use brackets to put the shelves on. You can get them prefinished and in different lengths and widths and finished colors, Don't space the strips and brackets too far apart or the shelves my bow if the weight is more than what the spacing can handle. I have had this system before and they work really well The other would be to mount the L type brackets for shelves directly to the wall. There are many lengths of the brackets to accommodate different shelving for size. I use these in our garage. In the pantry, the brackets may take up a bit of shelf space compared to the flatter ones that use the strips to hold them. These are probably the easiest ways to put up shelves, unless you want to go with the metal shelf system that you put together.
  • Kay Kay on Dec 30, 2017
    If you're wanting 'the real deal' wood shelves, which of course would be the best quality, just google or bing: "diy wooden pantry shelves". You'll get more info that way than you could ever need, but it beats people answering questions that you really did not ask! I'm jus sayin....
    • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 31, 2017
      Now, now, Kay, I did not say not to use "real wood". It was a suggestion on the way to go with installing shelves in a pantry. I have the same shelves that I have been using for twenty years and they still look like I just put them up. They are easy to care for, don't need to be stained and cleaned in special ways like real wood and are just as strong and durable as "real wood". A pantry is usually enclosed and seen only by those that go into it, not like the pantry is exposed to everyone to see all the time, so fancy is not needed for everyday life in a pantry. All we can do is suggest ways to go with a project, it will end up the way the person who is doing the project wants it to be to satisfy them. Please don't put down the people who are trying to give suggestions, you don't know what is in their mind, they are asking for suggestions to choose a way to do their project. Mine was just another way to choose from that has worked for me for years.