Repurpose Cabinet Doors to Coat Hooks

Cabinet doors are easy to find, either for free from someone remodeling their kitchen, or at salvage stores. Check out how to repurpose them to Coat Hangers!
repurpose cabinet doors to coat hooks, home decor, repurposing upcycling
I recently found an entire kitchen of discarded cabinet doors! I made coat racks out two of the smaller doors.
Here is where I began. Standard raised panel kitchen door.
I added picture wire to hang the doors before I began the painting process. I find it is easier to put hanging mechanisms on projects before proceeding to the beautifying stage!
I painted one with two coats of CeCe Caldwell's Vintage White and one with only one coat of Vintage White. When the paint was dry, I distressed each of them to my liking.
In the corners, I added decorative knobs. I purchased the knobs and hooks at Hobby Lobby at 50% off. About once a month, all their pulls and hooks go half off!
Double hooks with two coats of Vintage White, lightly distressed.
Single hook with one coat of Vintage White, heavily distressed.
Redoux Interiors

• Jaimie Nielson

I get my glass knobs online from a site called paintitupandpassiton.ca. Prices are good, and the strong dollar saves you even more! You sure do amazing work!!!

• Susanroy36

GREAT job, and so cute. LOVE the distressing - and the hooks are so cute. Everyone needs hooks in their house, especially with kids. Thanks to Jaimie who shared where she got her knobs at a good price! ( - :