Organize and Beautify Your Cabinets

$40

Do your cabinets call for some organizing and beautification to make them look even more pretty and functional? Here's an inexpensive way to achieve that.
What a jumbled up mess I had going on in this cabinet!  I just threw things back into cabinets to get them off the counter tops.  The clutter was making me crazy!
I wanted to put some shelf paper down before I reloaded the cabinets.  I was a bit too inpatient for the top cabinets (clutter makes me coocoo), but I did wait for my new green Contact paper to arrived so I could paper the bottom ones before I filled them up again.  Click right here for the link to the exact paper.
This is how the lower cabinets looked before I lined them with my pretty green paper.  Before this picture and the new paint, it actually had some old shelf liner on each shelf.  I peeled the old stuff off and then cleaned each shelf with Murphy's soap and water.  I let it dry for about 30 minutes then started papering!
So fresh and clean!  I really love it and I still cant get over the color being so perfect!  I lined every shelf in my kitchen with one roll of paper and I still have plenty left over for the new pantry when it gets built.  The rolls are 18" x 75'.  Plenty of paper for our small kitchen.
Originally when we built the corner cabinet we planned for a lazy susan so on to the internet I went to look for one.  Oh I found one alright!  Yeah! 18 inches of spinning goodness! Do you see there where it says its for corner cabinets?  Our giant sized corner cabinet needed a giant size lazy susan and I found one! Click right here to go to my blog to get the exact one.  It holds up to 150 pounds!  I don't think my spices weigh quite that much, but you never know!
This is very awesome!  All my spices on one lazy susan.  I just placed them close to the edge with the labels facing out so finding what I need is always easy.  If I had two of something, I just lined them up one after the other so I know I have extras.
I even have extras space to add more spices if I want to.  And although its hard to tell in these pictures, there is still left over room around the lazy susan to put more stuff in the cabinet too.  I pushed the lazy susan all the way back to the back of the cabinet and then just pulled it forward a bit so it could freely spin.  Lots of leftover room!
Tah Dah!  So much spinny organization I can barely stand it!  Oh and pretty shelf paper too! Hey, I think the inside of that door needs a chalkboard painted on it!

DeeDee

• Jac14175862

Any ideas on making that area in the deeper cabinet more accessible? I have one just like it and it's a BEAR to get access to my items there!
    • Susan

I have a big corner cabinet under a sink. - with drain pipes in the middle. I put a pull-out wire drawer unit on one side and put some plastic under-bed bins side by side in the rest of the space. Most-used things are in the wire drawer unit, which is easier to access. Less used stuff is in the long bins. I can pull out the one on the other side when the drawer unit is pushed in, then slide the bin that's behind the drawer unit to the other side and pull it out in turn. It's a bit of a pain, but I get the use of all that space, and the bins help me to keep things organized.

• Pat

Love it but I would have alphabatized the spices!
  • Vicky Corey

Thank you for the Lazy Susan idea! I was racking my brain for better storage in my bathroom cabinet and they work perfectly!
    • DeeDee

Hi Vicky! You're very welcome, I'm so glad I could help! :)