EngineerMommy
EngineerMommy
  • Newark, NJ

DIY Picture Frame Tray

$15

For me, crafting has always been part of my life. Not only is today’s project quick & easy, it’s also super practical- use it as a tray to serve cookies during a party and throughout the year.
diy picture frame tray
Here are the supplies I used:
  • large picture frame
  • scrapbook paper or wrapping paper
  • small round knobs
  • hot glue & glue gun
  • acrylic paint & paint brush
diy picture frame tray
First, I painted the knobs with silver acrylic paint. The knobs will serve as the feet of the tray. Alternatively, you could paint the knobs any color of your choice. Remove the picture inside the frame and use that as a template to cut your scrapbook paper/wrapping paper to size. Insert into frame.
diy picture frame tray
Using hot glue & the glue gun, adhere the little knobs to the bottom of the frame in the four corners.
diy picture frame tray
I love the way this tray came out. That’s it! Was that not a quick & simple DIY? The frame is ready for to be used as a cute tray during the holiday season.
Bonus Step: You could also add handles directly to the frame with hot glue to add an extra decorative touch. 

For more tips, details and pictures, please check out the blog post below. I am always sharing easy DIY & craft ideas there!

EngineerMommy

• Janice

Do you require hot glue for this project? Could I substitute Elmer's Glue, Super Glue, or Gorilla Glue instead? I make such a mess using hot glue, and would prefer not to use it.
  • Christy Roppel

This is ADORABLE! I see you have "light weight" cookies on this. Am I right in assuming that you can't use this for heavy items? Thank you :)
    • Susan Newell Logan

Either of those would work or scrap wood. How would it look if you put an additional in the middle for additional support?

• Kimba

I added another fabric covered glass piece and then I can hide my grandkids lamented placemats inside
  • Vicky Corey

Sweet idea!! So pretty and so many uses.