Epoxy Resin Door Knobs

$10

I ordered some epoxy resin for a table that I was making, it was so much cheaper to buy a large bottle and now I have some left over to play around with. And making door knobs came to mind.
Door knobs
Door knobs
I had ordered some gears and watch mechanisms for Wish and when they arrive they were a bit smaller than I thought they would be, but they were perfect for this.
epoxy resin door knobs
For my moulds I used silicone cup cake trays. I am hopeless at baking and cooking so it was nice to see them used after years in the cupboard. I arrange the gears in the moulds and for my second row I used unicorn Spit stain and glaze and some color pigment.
epoxy resin door knobs
My epoxy resin is 2:1 so I used 300ml in total which was double what I needed.  I had some long brass bolts with nuts on them which worked great.  To hold my bolts in place I used chop sticks that I taped together with the bolts in between.  It is a good idea to set that up before you start, which I did not do, so it was a mad dash to do it before the epoxy started to set.    Mix resin to manufacturers instructions.
epoxy resin door knobs
This is what my set up looked like in the end.  The resin had lots of bubbles in it which is why it looks white.  I removed them by waving a creme Brulee torch ( Another useless item in my kitchen) quickly over the surface and they all disapeared.
door knobs
door knobs
Your resin should look like this after the bubbles are removed. I let them sit for 24 Hours and then just turned the moulds inside out to get the out.
steampunk door knobs
steampunk door knobs
The back of mine had some fine rough edges. I used a sanding block with 320grit to remove them, the front came out perfect.
Epoxy resin door knobs
Epoxy resin door knobs
The unicorn spit door knobs did not work as great as I wanted, because I did not mix it in enough with the resin.  But was so impressed with the steampunk door knobs, I just need to make a piece of furniture to go with them.
Besides being door knobs these can have many uses.  They would make great hooks for a coat rack, great for hanging up your necklaces and many more.
The possibilities for these door knobs are endless as to what you can add to the resin.
To see more uses for the doorknobs visit
epoxy resin door knobs
epoxy resin door knobs
www.uniquecreationsbyanita.com

Really can't cost this because the amount of resin was so small and all the other items I had. And only too 20 minutes to do excluding resin drying time.
Unique Creations By Anita

• Cardiopro

Aren’t these drawer pulls rather than door knobs? They’re ve y nice though.

• Anne Beman

Super cool idea! Did you wait a bit before putting bolt/stem thing in? The chop sticks make sense but how did you keep them from drifting to the side? I apologize if I misread a step! Again, great idea!!

• Unique Creations By Anita

I had a plastic container each side of the mold for the chop sticks to sit on. Might not be to clear in the image.

• Dimi

what u do for take aout babols.

• Xiomi954

You can buy plastic doll house furniture or animals ,paint them and attach to wall .to hang cloths or to use as drawer pulls.on kids room.

• Sonja

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing! My mind is a whirl with ideas. Glitter- dried flowers- cloverleaf- you name it!

• Unique Creations By Anita

Thank you, I was messing around the other day and tried adding lots of different things to the resin. Will post picture when I take some.