Epoxy Resin Door Knobs

$10

I ordered some epoxy resin for a table that I was making, it was so much cheaper to buy a large bottle and now I have some left over to play around with. And making door knobs came to mind.

Door knobs

I had ordered some gears and watch mechanisms for Wish and when they arrive they were a bit smaller than I thought they would be, but they were perfect for this.

For my moulds I used silicone cup cake trays. I am hopeless at baking and cooking so it was nice to see them used after years in the cupboard. I arrange the gears in the moulds and for my second row I used unicorn Spit stain and glaze and some color pigment.

My epoxy resin is 2:1 so I used 300ml in total which was double what I needed. I had some long brass bolts with nuts on them which worked great. To hold my bolts in place I used chop sticks that I taped together with the bolts in between. It is a good idea to set that up before you start, which I did not do, so it was a mad dash to do it before the epoxy started to set.  Mix resin to manufacturers instructions. Don't worry about bubbles--you'll Get the bubbles out later.

This is what my set up looked like in the end. The resin had lots of bubbles in it which is why it looks white. I Removed the bubbles by waving a creme Brulee torch ( Another useless item in my kitchen) quickly over the surface and they all disapeared.

door knobs

Your resin should look like this after the bubbles are removed. I let them sit for 24 Hours and then just turned the moulds inside out to get the out.

steampunk door knobs

The back of mine had some fine rough edges. I used a sanding block with 320grit to remove them, the front came out perfect.

Epoxy resin door knobs

The unicorn spit door knobs did not work as great as I wanted, because I did not mix it in enough with the resin. But was so impressed with the steampunk door knobs, I just need to make a piece of furniture to go with them.

Besides being door knobs these can have many uses. They would make great hooks for a coat rack, great for hanging up your necklaces and many more.

The possibilities for these door knobs are endless as to what you can add to the resin.

To see more uses for the doorknobs visit

epoxy resin door knobs

www.uniquecreationsbyanita.com

http://uniquecreationsbyanita.com/ned-kelly-outdoor-cooler/

http://uniquecreationsbyanita.com/unique-desk-sandpit/

Really can't cost this because the amount of resin was so small and all the other items I had. And only too 20 minutes to do excluding resin drying time.

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Unique Creations By Anita

• Patti Immerman-Kurkowski

Ok I’m thick headed at times or just may not have thought it through before asking but here I go ☺️😉 I noticed the screws are flat tip at the ends of the knobs so if I want to make a say towel holder, how to I screw the knobs into the wood so there tight?

• Cindy

Will try this project. What is the size of the mold? There are many sizes

• Jan Moore

Do you think you could use small flowers?