Country Hutch Makeover

I found this hutch on my local classifieds page. It was in need of a pick me up! It's from the 80's and had that speckled finish you see on so many pieces. I decided she needed a softer look so out came the paint! :)
Before-ho hum
I actually layered three different colors and then distressed very heavily by hand.
I decided to do the top on the darkest color and the door face frames the same as the bottom to pull the pieces together without having them be too matchy. I also lined the back in this lovely french country fabric.
I purchased these knobs for less than $3 a piece and sprayed them oil rubbed bronze.
Here she is after!

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Lisa @ {createinspire}

• Linda Bartels Pendleton
    Linda Bartels Pendleton

I did not mean to offend you. That was not my thought at all. I just was trying to figure out WHY a comment box if people can't give their thoughts. . Sorry

• Itsmemic
    Itsmemic

you distressed way too much...looks like clouds. Ideally only the areas that would normally be rubbed off would look best...then if you like...lightly distress other areas. All in all...the makeover is gorgeous !!! Gives a whole new feel to it. LOVE the background print !