Lisa @ {createinspire}
Lisa @ {createinspire}
  • Shawano, WI

Country Hutch Makeover

I found this hutch on my local classifieds page. It was in need of a pick me up! It's from the 80's and had that speckled finish you see on so many pieces. I decided she needed a softer look so out came the paint! :)
country hutch makeover, painted furniture
Before-ho hum
I actually layered three different colors and then distressed very heavily by hand.
I decided to do the top on the darkest color and the door face frames the same as the bottom to pull the pieces together without having them be too matchy. I also lined the back in this lovely french country fabric.
I purchased these knobs for less than $3 a piece and sprayed them oil rubbed bronze.
Here she is after!
Lisa @ {createinspire}

• Linda Bartels Pendleton

I did not mean to offend you. That was not my thought at all. I just was trying to figure out WHY a comment box if people can't give their thoughts. . Sorry

• Itsmemic

you distressed way too much...looks like clouds. Ideally only the areas that would normally be rubbed off would look best...then if you like...lightly distress other areas. All in all...the makeover is gorgeous !!! Gives a whole new feel to it. LOVE the background print !