Fixer Upper Style Window Panes DIY

$20

Vintage window panes are a great way to get that rustic farmhouse, touch-of-modern, Fixer Upper look that everyone is after these days. Buying the real thing, though, can cost a pretty penny!

When I saw a design I liked in a catalog the other day, I decided to recreate them myself! I had these window panes in my garage for the last several years, and was glad to finally be able to put them to use!
I started by applying 4 coats of Dover White, from the HGTV Home line by Sherwin Williams. I then took a sanding sponge and lightly distressed the corners of each pane.

My husband secured the glass to each wooden panel, added a heavy-duty hook to the back of each pane, and used screws to attach them to the walls (they are heavy enough that a nail wouldn’t do.)
Here’s a picture of the wall “before”…you can see  more images of our living room in this post.
Eventually we may have custom mirrors cut to fit each of the panes…but for now, I’m thrilled with them as they are. For a bit of texture and interest, I added a preserved boxwood wreath I found at Home Goods.

This wreath is one of my favorite Home Goods finds, and it was only about $25, which is a great price for a nice-sized boxwood wreath.

Linda (burlap+blue)

• Cindy

Where did you get the black iron inside of the window frame
  • Nita

How did ur husband secure the windows to the frame?? I know u mentioned it but not the method he used. Looks good by the way.
  • Teresa

I really loved this idea and I am lucky enough to have stained glass windows.
    I hope this isn't rude but would you telling the colors of paint o the dresser below them? thank you