Old Lamp Gets a Shabby Chic Redo

$10

I had an old lamp in my shop that needed to be put to use. My granddaughter wanted a lamp for her room, so I decided to upcyce the old lamp and give it a fresh, new, shabby chic look.
Base of the lamp
Here is the base of the lamp. I loved the curves it had :) She did not have a shade but I still picked her up anyway from a garage sale.

I gave the base of the lamp two coats of Krylon Metallic in Brass allowing about 2 hrs in between coats. After a 24 hour drying period I then sealed it with Polyacrylic.
I found this old lamp shade at Good Will (do not mind the burlap flowers, I changed my mind  ). I gave it to coats of Valspar Champagne Tickle, allowing two hours between coats, then sealed it with Polyacrylic.
After the lampshade was completely dry, I sprayed it with adhesive (Elmer’s Adhesive Spray). I then began wrapping the twine around the lamp shade. I did not want to go all the way to the bottom, because this is where I wanted to add my burlap flowers.
Here she is all finished up! Not to bad for a Good Will/garage sale find which cost me about three bucks!

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Christina Faye Repurposed

• Mar26900192
    Mar26900192

Love this! Do you know if the spray adhesive will "yellow" thru to inside of shade? Thank you for sharing so many fantastic DIYs!
    • Mary L. Sutherland
      Mary L. Sutherland

I'm actually curious about why would it matter if the adhesive "yellow's" on the inside of the shade - If it is covered up by the sisal twine?