Great Perennials for Sun (All of Them Deer Resistant)

Here are just a few of my favourite perennials for sun. Though I don't have to worry about deer in my garden, a little research online tells me they are all deer resistant. Gardening is not a case of one size fits all. Please check my notes on zones to see if these plants are suitable for your garden.
great perennials for sun all of them deer resistant, flowers, gardening, perennials
Want more late summer color? Sedums are a great choice. This is Sedum 'Matrona' pictured here. Sun or part shade (mine is in part shade). It is tall at 24-36 inches tall. Spacing is 18-24 inches. Pinch back your plant in June (or even earlier depending on where you live) by a third for a more upright plant that won't flop as easily. USDA Zones 3-9.
See a whole range of sedums in this post:
http://threedogsinagarden.blogspot.ca/2011/10/fall-sedums.html
Russian Sage, Perovskia atriplicifolia
Russian Sage, Perovskia atriplicifolia
Russian Sage here pictured at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Toronto. See more of the RBG in Toronto here:
http://threedogsinagarden.blogspot.ca/2013/08/late-summer-at-its-most-beautiful-part-1.html
Russian Sage is a huge, flamboyant perennial that can grow to 150 cm (3 to 5 feet). It needs is loamy, loose and airy, well-drained soil and is supposedly deer resistant. Average to dry growing conditions. USDA Zones 4-9.
One of my absolute favourite June flowers: False Indigo or Baptisia australis. This is a pretty versatile plant that will grow in a range of soil types: normal, sandy or clay and in average, dry or moist conditions. Height: 35-50 inches, Spread:30-45 inches. USDA Zones: 2-9
Meadow Sage Salvia, Nemerosa 'Caradonna'. This plant bluish purple flowers and neat, dark purple flower stems. Full sun. Height: 20-29 inches, Spread: 18-23 inches. Average, dry or moist soil and a range of soil types all do nicely for this plant. USDA Zones 3-9.
This is just one of the many cultivars of Coreopsis that you can choose from. This is Coreopsis verticillata 'Moonbeam' which has ferny foliage. Full sun. It tolerates a variety of soil types and growing conditions. Height: 12-18 inches. Spread: 12-18 inches. Zones 4-9
This is just one variety of yarrow. There are also cultivars with red, orange white and yellow flowers. This is a plant that will grow even in poor soil. Full sun and somewhat dry conditions seem to be its preference. Height: 18-30 inches Spread: 25-30 inches. USDA Zones: 2-9
Blue Catmint or Nepeta 'Dropmore Blue' is a nice choice for the front of a border. Full sun. Normal, sandy or clay soils are fine. Dr or moist growing conditions. Height: 12-15 inches Spread: 20-25 inches. USDA Zones: 2-9

Three Dogs in a Garden

• Karen Stephens

Are there any perennials that bunnies won't eat?

• Nancee

I'm fairly new to gardening and have a huge rabbit population here. The only one they left alone last summer was foxglove. Are there others? I need flowers that grow well in full sun.

• Three Dogs in a Garden

@Nancee There seems to be general interest in this topic. I will try to put a post together on bunny resistant plants in the next few days.