Asked on Jan 2, 2018

Paint my cabinet doors ? Suggestions

Alicia Velazquez-AtkinsCindy HagemannJodie Woods
+12

• Deb Johnson
    Deb Johnson

To update my kitchen cupboard doors I painted sprays of flowers 🌺 in the centre of the. They look fantastic! I get lots of compliments.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Paint either centres or frames of doors only silver grey.
  • Eloise
    Eloise

Research Rustoleum's Cabinet Transformations line. No prep, no sanding, and no "use in a well venitlated area". Both light and dark kits available at Home Depot and Lowes.

• Laura
    Laura

I just read this and it's very helpful!

https://www.hometalk.com/14227468
  • Larry Ferguson
    Larry Ferguson

I u H62015205 .

• Mid10314305
    Mid10314305

Go to lowes and back in the formica top area they sell a durable paint that wont peel off ...It is called cabinet Rescue. I am a contractor and I use ot on all my jobs...You can also have it tinted...Very durable. But expensive..but worth the cost
  • Brenda
    Brenda

I think your kitchen looks great the way it is, unless there’s some damage that doesn’t show up in the picture.
  • D Corwin
    D Corwin

Unless your cabinets have wear that is not visible in the picture, I wouldn't touch them - white is always classic! If you need a change I would consider adding a bit of color by painting walls or adding in 3-5 décor items of a particular color you love, or changing out the hardware -- I think keeping expensive items like cabinets and hardscape in timeless colors is a really good investment!
  • Mogie
    Mogie

New hardware would give those cabinets a face lift.
  • Barbara Jo Louise
    Barbara Jo Louise

almost like mine.I painted mine to match an accent wall (the brown) But to add to it I put on white strips.
  • Julie
    Julie

Spray paint your hardware black for a pop.
  • Connie
    Connie

All good ideas. If ou want a slight change, consider a glaze, probably black if that granite is black. Experiment on a board.
  • Jodie Woods
    Jodie Woods

If you're not looking for something permanent and something changeable sounds appealing, you could just add a little simple décor. I hung some small chalkboard signs (using sticky strips) which I wrote words on that told what was behind a particular door. For example, where I store purchased prepared mixes, pasta and beans the sign says "Bags & Boxes". They aren't on every cabinet door, just a few that I chose to showcase. Another thought is to hang small wreaths from ribbons in strategic places. I think your kitchen is really pretty as it is but would look gorgeous with just a few simple touches.
  • Cindy Hagemann
    Cindy Hagemann

white is the trending color for kitchen cabinets at the moment, so your kitchen is "on trend". Is there something wrong with them that is not visable in the photo - because they look good to me?
  • Alicia Velazquez-Atkins
    Alicia Velazquez-Atkins

Paint your backsplash with dark grey or black glossy using Rustoleum products from Lowes and/or paint the walls over the cabinets. Also, you can change your handles.