DIY Laundry Counter Workspace

$30

I just moved.
We sold our home and moved across the state to be closer to friends and family.
We looked for a home for a few months and finally found one suitable for our needs. Not all my boxes were checked. I STILL HAVE A LAUNDRY “ROOM” IN A CLOSET (bummer).

I decided I should probably make the best of it. I spoiled myself and purchased a front loading washer and dryer (so far I love them). But, the purpose of getting the front loading kind was so that I could build a countertop workstation on top of them and have a place to fold laundry other than the floor or couch.
Here’s the space I had to work with (there are no doors on the closet).

My hopes and dreams will be to eventually relocate the water heater and get new cabinets, but for a BIG IMPROVEMENT with a MODEST BUDGET, here’s what I did…

I went to Lowe’s and bought one large (4×8 ft) piece of particle board (about 3/4 inch thick). READ THIS TIP: THEY WILL CUT IT FOR YOU!

My pieces measured approx 58 x 30 inches and 42 x 30 inches. One piece of particle board worked for the entire project (cost was about $20 for one sheet of particle board).
Next, I primed (actually, my husband primed - that's not my arm).
Then spray painted (Yes, spray painted the piece that would be used for the top). I used a hammered metal spray paint. It took 1 can.
Finally, The product that I used to make a super pretty finish is called EnviroTex Lite Pour-On High Gloss Finish by EnviroTex; this product creates a fabulous high-gloss resin finish.

My thoughts on this product:
1) I’ve always wanted to try it.
2) I thought it’d be a challenge to use, but it was actually really simple (it’s a 1 to 1 ratio of Resin and Hardener). Plus, the instructional video on the website was very helpful.  Note: Be sure to follow directions carefully and use eye protection and gloves. The mixture doesn’t really splash, but you still want to be careful.
3) This product was odorless!!!
The most challenging part was waiting for it to cure (aka being patient)

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by ETI Envirotex, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
When the resin was cured, we installed it around my washer and dryer. There are a lot of pipes and things behind the washer and dryer and I wanted to cover them up yet keep them accessible, so I installed a little curtain in front of them (pieces of curtain that I’d cut off from my dining room curtains).

It looks so much cleaner!

Add a few decorations and it’s done!!!
I can’t believe what a transformation this gave to my laundry area; and aside from the EnviroTex Lite Pour-On High Gloss Finish (which was provided), this makeover only cost me about $30!

I think this product provides the prettiest finish! It looks like I have a high-end countertop…and it’s really a piece of particle board!

To read MORE instruction and see MORE pictures, please click through to the blog link below.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Creatively Living

• Joshua Tolson

What if you have a top loaded washer? Just do this over the dryer or cut it into 2 pieces with a hinged?

• Neva Dew

I fold clothes on the lid of my top load washer and front load dryer- I don't see the problem so much.

• Karen

You used one piece for the countertop. What did you use the other piece for?

• Tiffany

you said the whole project cost you about $30 & the Enviro resin stuff is around $30 itself. At least the one I seen on amazon that’s 32oz & is $26. It says it only covers 8sq ft. I need a 2’8”x5’ to cover my W&D which I assume is around same size you needed. Was the 32oz enough?