Asked on Jan 3, 2018

My daughter and son are share a room can i make each feel side special

Sandra O'SheaPascale NguyenJawene
+4

My daughter and son are 11 months apart id like to decorate each side for them without it looking like pink and blue meet in the middle. Can this be a DIY project on a tight budget?

William

A lot of photos here. You can take ideas and concepts from then and mix them up to fit your budget. You can click on a photo and go to the site.

• Joanna Smith
    Joanna Smith

Go with Primary Colors, like Red and Yellow! Use cube shelves as a divider and carpet tiles of various colors.
  • Nancy Wilson
    Nancy Wilson

You don't mention their age. Is privacy an issue?
    • April plew
      April plew

They are actually both 8 right now they will be 8 and 9 years old when my son has his birthday next month.
  • Jawene
    Jawene

I would start by painting the walls a light gray. Use accents like pillows, bedding & toys to create the boy/girl separation.
  • Pascale Nguyen
    Pascale Nguyen

You didn't mention their age but Ikea has very reasonable decor accessories for children.
  • Sandra O'Shea
    Sandra O'Shea

You can buy one of those accordion dividers. You can make it special by attaching pictures of them and their interest on their own side of the divider. Also, adding a growth chart for each side. You can also buy a mirror of any size as long as it has a flat frame wood rim to glue something that the child is into like for a boy little toy cars around his mirror frame. For a girl, in the trinket section of stores for party items they have fake lip gloss and makeup etc. Or, if they are into animals, you could easily find plastic animals to glue on. Make sure if you do the latter that you buy a glue that is for plastic. I hope this helps. :).