Thanks for your help

+12
Decided to go completely different from the nautical look. I appreciate all the advice on the curtain question, but am still on the fence about that.

I am posting photos before and after. Thanks again.
e thanks for your help
e thanks for your help
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 04, 2018
    Love the new look! It makes the room look more homey and welcoming. I love the quilts!

• Cynthia Cynthia on Jan 04, 2018
    If you are considering adding window covering to this room I would do the whole wall, pulling them back to one side to expose the window when wanted. As stripes are considered a "go with everything" pattern in decorating, you could go with a floral that matches your bedspreads- it's amazing how changing your color palette changed the "softness" of the bedroom. Great job!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 05, 2018
    It looks so great!!!

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 05, 2018
    Love the blue and white!
    I'd remove the blinds that are there and get a fan shaped blind for the curved top. If you can find one in a similar color to the headboards, that would pick up the headboard and frame wood color. Then I'd hang a light/medium blue flowered print tie back curtain below.

• Sandandshells Sandandshells on Jan 05, 2018
    Your input is very much appreciated Sal85902

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 07, 2018
    The blue colour tones are so much softer and more restful looking than the previous harsh red stripes.
    You are on the right track as far as choosing a base colour- blue, with white, plus a dark contrast - navy, to balance the white.
    Your walls are very large, and presently all the color is on the bedspreads. Your next step is to try to get some of the colour- blue, and carry the navy both up on to the walls. I would replace the dated brass frame picture with a darker frame item, even larger size.
    The shape of the one window is interesting. To help make it a feature of the large wall, you might consider painting just the inside rim one of the blue colours from the bedspread.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 07, 2018
    Next time you go to a paint store, take a pile of paint squares in the blue colour range. Then when you get home, keep only those that you have in your bedspreads. These are your base working colours.
    Carry these around with you anytime you go out shopping, to thrift stores, garage sales, etc. That way if you see something in blue on sale, you will instantly be able know if it is a colour that you have already in your room.

• Sandandshells Sandandshells on Jan 08, 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to give me your great advice. These are things I hadn't thought of. Much appreciated.