Herbs and Flowering Plants Planted All Together and Doing Well!

Wasn't so sure about everything living together but all is great and growing wonderfully, The reason I choose to plant Herbs in with the flowers is that the bed has a watering system to insure healthy growth.
herbs and flowering plants planted all together and doing well, flowers, gardening
Parsley, basil, Dill and Spearmint all wonderful aromatic Herbs used in the kitchen almost everyday! This is Parsley which has many health benefits and I do use daily in soups, summer salads garnishes etc. Next time you need to freshen your breath a bit chew on some fresh Parsley!
There is nothing more aromatic than fresh mint, I us this all day in my sweet tea!
Dill is a great spice for making pickles and salad dressings. Fresh cucumbers with a dot of olive oil and vinegar and some sprigs of Dill is delightful.
Basil is most used in my kitchen for cooking, wonderful in all tomato dishes! Just to hang a bunch in the kitchen is an aromatic goodness!

Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

• Alice Shockley

I love mixing herbs and veggies in the flower beds. Okra and peppers are beautiful vegetables and lettuces like Romaine that grow in bushy heads. The prettiest one may be Bright Light Swiss Chard, which has neon colored stems and dark leaves.

• Cyndi Neumann

You just need to watch and clip your mint as it will spread over everything else you planted. You can re-plant the cuttings for more gardens! I love it! Your display is very pretty! Smiles, Cyndoi